Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebel Pilots!

Thumbs up Rebel Pilots!

I think Hasbro was onto something with the Rebel Pilots 3-Pack that came out in 1998. I would like to see more different and generic pilots made. And to help increase the value and fill that giant saga bubble, I think each one should come with his own unique Astromech Droid. Removable helmets are also a must.

Here is what I was thinking of:
    X-Wing Pilot - generic no name guy, they can even do the 50/50 face sculpt like they are doing now with the Endor Rebel Trooper.
    Y-Wing Pilot - grey flight suits we saw in ROTJ, 50/50 face sculpt
    B-Wing Pilot - human version, red flight suit, 50/50 face sculpt
    B-Wing Pilot - Sullustan version with the correct color red flight suit
    A-Wing Pilot - 50/50 face sculpt

Snowspeeder Pilots (all with removable helmets):
    Zev Senesca (Rogue 2)
    Hobbie
    Wedge
    Luke (with blaster and lightsaber to recreate his landing on Dagobah)
    Generic Pilot 50/50 face sculpt

Things not to do:
    action poses - these are pilots we're talking about here
    gimmicks - we've covered why these suck many times over
    "beefed-up" bodies - hasn't been a problem recently but with Hasbro you never know, this trend ruined what could have been some cool figures like the A-Wing Pilot, TIE Pilot and original Luke in Snowspeeder gear from the POTF2 line.

And while this thread concentrates on Rebel Pilots I would also add that we need a newly sculpted TIE Pilot without the heroic proportions and a more accurate looking flight suit.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I am down with that. Pilots are my thing. Like other have Stormtroopers, I have reble pilots. I imagine myself more of an X Wing pilot more than a Jedi or a Stormtrooper.

Anyway, you'be got my vote,and the more faces/heads the better. Oh, the removable helmet is a must!
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

For the Rebel Helmets, PLEASE do the correct visors like on the Luke X-wing helmet. The X-wing helmet visors were edgy on their angles.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

That's a pretty good idea. Maybe Hasbro could make those pilots and include the generic astromech droid with them as the accessory (besides the helmet). I'd like it even if it cost a little more than a basic figure.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by icatch9
    I am down with that. Pilots are my thing. Like other have Stormtroopers, I have reble pilots. I imagine myself more of an X Wing pilot more than a Jedi or a Stormtrooper.

Anyway, you'be got my vote,and the more faces/heads the better. Oh, the removable helmet is a must!
    I'm the same way. I never wanted to be a Jedi as a kid since they aren't real. Aspiring to be a mindless drone was never that appealing either; so Stormtroopers were out of the question. A pilot is something that is entirely possible in our world, which was why it was so appealing to me as a kid.

I was thinking that since the Astromech droid mold has already been made, then churning out several different ones wouldn't be too hard and wouldn't cost Hasbro all that much. It would also kill two birds with one stone and please the droid-lover crowd too.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

What I'd like to see the pilots come with mostly would be the yellow ladders that went to the cockpits. If they made an astromech series they could come with the ladders that the techs used to get up to the droid socket to help lower the droid in.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    And make all future rebel pilots with articulated knees, so they can sit in little folding chairs in front of an Atari readout screen while General Dodonna tells them the exhaust port right below the main port is only two meters wide and it's ray shielded, so they'll have to use proton torpedos.

Oh. And I'm also counting on you, Hasbro, to make the little chairs, the Atari readout, and General Dodonna.

Thanks.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Yes, knees like the new Bespin Luke and Red Cloney would be perfect.

I think all figures should have knees. And ankles. And elbows and forward-back motion on the neck. And wrists. And bicep articulation. And removable helmets and hats working holsters and all the accessories they used in the movie.

But i don't work for hasbro so we get poopy figures. If I did work there I'd get this thing sorted right off the bat

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Hasbro should take a look at Toybiz's new Marvel line with over 30 points of articulation in each figure. I realize 30 might be hard to do with smaller figures, but surely there can be a happy medium where Hasbro let's US decide which "action" pose to put our figures in...

How 'bout it Hasbro?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."