Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muppets DVDs

Muppets DVDs

2 questions, why isn't the series available in stores (who is selling them, Columbia House? ) and why must they make this so difficult?

I remember hearing about them awhile back, and last weekend I looked around at Best Buy, no copies there and a few online searches yielded poor results. I just checked eBay now, and there are several available. One seller claimed they were not available in stores . . . .

I should very much like to purchase the discs with Alice Cooper and Mark Hammill, I'm sad that they are not available in stores.

Last edited by 2-1B; 06-15-2002 at 12:48 AM.

Hey Caeser, good news for ya. Currently they are only avaliable from Time Life Video. But, Thedigitalbits (I believe) announced that they were going to start selling them in stores very soon. And the first 2 volumes coming out, the second one is the Star Wars/Mark Hammil one. Lemme dig up the news for you really quick.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Found it, I was wrong. It was posted at DVDAngle.com.

It's the Muppet Show: Ladies and gentlemen...boys and girls...Muppet lovers take note. Columbia/Tristar has announced they will begin releasing Best of The Muppet Show DVD's on 09/03 for $24.95 each. These will be the exact same discs currently available from Time Life Video (episodes presented in their original full frame aspect ratio and original mono audio). Best of The Muppet Show Volume 1 (with the Elton John, Julie Andrews, and Gene Kelly episodes) and Best of The Muppet Show Volume 2 (with the Mark Hamill, Paul Simon, and Raquel Welch episodes) will be the first 2 installments. Future installments will be released shortly after -- there are currently 10 DVD's in the collection and 10 more are in production.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I searched "The Bits" and found nothing there, that's the first place I usually check.

Man, I can't wait to see Alice singing "Nightmare" surrounded by muppets ! ! !

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    So they must have missed the memo that said everyone wants SEASON SETS of old TV Shows, not random BEST OF discs. I'll just wait until they get the memo...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

oooh, original MONO audio! I've been thinking about getting these, I'm glad to see they're getting a shot at stores.

PS - should I move this thread to MISC since it's not technically about movies, or should it stay?

PPS - is the first Muppet Movie on DVD?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    So far, The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets From Space are on DVD.

The Muppet Movie has a bunch of hilarious test footage with Frank Oz and Jim Henson (as Fozzie and Kermit) to see if they could do the muppets outdoors. They are completely winging it and it is as funny as anything in the film.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by JediTricks
    PS - should I move this thread to MISC since it's not technically about movies, or should it stay?
    Oops! Sorry, it never occurred to me. When I asked the guy at Best Buy he led me directly to the Muppets movies (not what I was looking for) but I must have been thinking DVD = movie.

Thanks to you and Eternal Padawan, it is now partly about the movies. And the title is generic, so if I decide to come back later and say how much I love that little rat (Rizzo?) from Muppets From Space, I'll have a place to do that. :happy:

So, who is everyone's all time favorite Muppet?
    Mine's easy, Rolf ! ! ! I've always loved that crazy hound, was he on the show a lot? I like him in the movies but don't remember much from the show.
    JT, I should just buy the whole set. If I buy per volume, I'm only snagging ones with certain stars, but there has to be a lot of great stuff on every disc.

Mine has to be a tie between Gonzo and Animal. I always loved those two the most.

EP - I also want SEASON BOX SETS. I hope they get the memo soon.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I'm not sure season boxsets are feasible for the Muppet Show. Due to the large amount of copyrighted songs that have to be recleared for the episodes. That's why TV shows like WKRP and The Wonder Years, etc. have such trouble when they decide they wanna do DVD releases of them. Same reason why Beavis and Butthead hit a brick wall when they wanted to do DVD's of that.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks