Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Larger Millenium Falcon

Dear hasbro,
    I have an idea for a new larger scale Millenium Falcon / playset. Make Just the whole side of the Falcon so it'll look fab on a shelf. The side with the entrance ramp and the cockpit and the little laser gun underneath that drops down.

We don't have room for a full sized Falcon do we, so all we need is the side that gets all the use that'll fit on a shelf and still look fantastic. And for those that make dioramas it won't take up all the room. The cockpit would take figures better and the entrance ramp could be done a heck of a lot better. You stick the legs on as a permanent feature so you don't have to have the big boxy supports inside. And then when you turn the Falcon round to expose the interior you get the easy room with the bench and Dejarik table and the control console and seats. No need to add the gunner station as this would be for collectors not kids really. But it would allow for better play still and look so much more detailed than the original sculpted Falcon toy.

The seats and console would be sold seperately with a new Han Solo. And the Dejarik table and bench would sell with a C-3PO with knees. Also a Ben Kenobi with knees and the remote seeker ball and blast shield helmet would be sold seperatly. You could give the Falcon electronics if you wanted but I reckon it should come without as you never get that sort of thing right anyway.

I would definately buy this and I'm sure for the chance to get a larger Falcon with decent sized cockpit a lot of others would be happy to sacrifice half the ship to get something of a decent quality. Whaddyer say Hasbro?

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    That's an awesome idea, Jargo. Put a nice deluxe opening and closing ramp, hidden compartments in the floor (or an opening for Han to work in and get toolboxes dropped on his noggin). Don't know about selling the accesories with other figures. Sounds like a cheap Hasbro ploy to get us to buy more figures (and resculpts at that) but I definitely like springing for a display type Falcon set.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I thought you might like it EP. I guess we could work out the finer details for Hasbro. I just woke up with a brainwave and had to rush to get it down. It seemed that it was the perfect way to cover both the playset angle and the display aspect all at the same time and get a larger scale Falcon. I guess if there's electronics it should be little lights in the cockpit that shine through pin prick holes to make the displays work right and those white strips along the walls. But I'd be happier to sacrifice that for better detail in the sculpt and four seats in the cockpit.

Like the floor panels idea, a pack in crate of tools would be cool and some of those boxes of republic credits that Han gets as his fee in ANH. I guess I'm getting carried away now I just love the idea of this so much I get a little excited.

Might also be a good Royal Starship idea for a more accurate one and for Tatooine or Royal Hangar dioramas that you don't have a lot of space to devote to them.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

You know the last parking spot furthest from here? Well I'm one spot beyond that!
    It would truly be awesome to have playsets of the ships...we can use the ships already made for hanger diaoramas and the playset for interior scenes...

PLEASE PLEASE HASBRO....Can I have a job.....I'm Highly motivated...Love Star Wars....and have faithfully spent my child's college money on Hasbro products...

The Hasbro line to that would be: "Hasbro has plenty of career opportunities. If you apply through the proper channels you and the many thousands of other fans who apply for jobs on a daily basis will be duly considered. Succesful applicants can look forward to a happy and prosperous career with a forward looking company. The packing department is always happy to recieve new staff........."

The playset idea could indeed be the way to get a decent scaled royal starship interior, Also the only way we might get a sail barge. It may also be the way to get a Sith infiltrator too. I always fancied the idea of having Maul inside his ship but if they made the whole ship it would be too small in the cockpit. If hasbro made a playset of the rear of the ship only it would allow for a really nice display piece and provide a cool playset if the back of the ship opened up.

I came up with a similar idea for the Star Destroyer by only having the conning tower that opens up into a groovy bridge playset.

I was thinking along those same lines EP, But more like the whole bridge, It'd be pretty large but then I'd have a large part be a storage case for figures and bits and only part of it as a playset. The lower section where the imp officers sit at controls and the floor round it to put the bounty hunter contingent on, the little alcove off to one side where Ozzel dies with the controls behind it. A large viewport for Vader to stand gazing out of. I'd pack it with an Ozzel figure and a correctly scaled mouse droid or three.
    But that's just a quick thought. If I think some more I'm sure I could come up with something much better. To be honest though, the storage case idea is dead unless they start to think big. How many figures do most folk have now and how the heck are we supposed to fit those figures into those tiny carry cases? The only thing to do is make something huge that will hold many figures. The star destroyer bridge would be perfect as a candidate because it's large and case shaped anyway.

Same with the sail barge. I'd have half of the sail barge and the rear would be the playset area with dias for Jabba and opening shutters, There'd be a hatch to the deck above and a place for the cannon that came with deluxe Leia to go, But the front end would be mostly storage for figures. Outside it looks fantastic but inside you get the room where the actrion took place and some handy storage.

the Sith infiltrator I'd just do as a playset. The back half of the ship with the folding wings and the cockpit globe. The lower doors and ramp would work. Then the whol top would lift off from the engine cowling. That way you can get into the cockpit area easier. turn the thing round to see properly but with a confined space you'd need the top to come off. Actually I guess it wouldn't be that hard to simply add the front end of the ship come to think of it. It's just a long flattened cone with a leg at the cockpit end really. So that goes back to the ships section then. Hmmmm. Why the hell don't we have a Sith infiltrator if it's that easy to make it work? Geez hasbro - what you playing at?

I can't understand the logic of never making a Sith Infiltrator vehicle. The darn thing was DESIGNED to be a toy for pete's sake. George was looking at all the possibilities for Maul's ship and came to the infiltrator and said "WOW! THAT woulod make a NEAT toy!!! I can't wait to see bunches of THOSE on the shelves..." Then there was a distinctive POP! sound when the Hasbro guy pulled his head out of his and said "What? I didn't catch that last part, George." But it was too late, George was already down the hall, simultaneously hiring Jake Lloyd, desiging Padme's umpteenth outfit, and drawing stick figures all over Chaing's beautifully rendered artwork. And so, we never got a Sith Infiltrator...

Just bumping this back up.....

Still want the larger Falcon playset, still love the idea of only getting half of it but super detailed. Still need a proper sized cockpit to get the figures in. C'mon Hasbro - you know it makes sense.