Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Do NOT use wizardworld.com for your collection tracking!!

They have really PO'ed me. I know in another thread I suggested that someone use wizardworld.com to track their collection. Well, now I wish to retract that statement. I logged on today to update my collection and found that I could not access my portfolio unless I joined their "PLUS" program at $9.95!! I joined this site back when they first re-vamped it in Dec of 2000. I joined because they said it was free!! And now they want to charge me. AND they won't let me see my portfolio??? This is outrageous!!!
    So here is the email I just sent them!!

To whom it may concern,

What the heck is going on???? I logged onto Wizardworld.com to check my portfolio and I find I cannot veiw it???? I can see it, I see that it went up, but I cannot view it???? I joined up with this site to keep track of my collection when I saw it in Toyfare Issue # 40. And you know what it said in there??

"There's nowhere else-on the Web or in the world-where you can do all this in one place and track your entire collection so easily. So how much does it cost? Nada. It's all available for the low, low cost of free. There's no fee. You know the exact dollar amount of your collection, 24hours a day-and it costs you nothing. 'Cause that's the way Gareb wants it."

So what happened to the FREE part, huh? What happened to the way Gareb Shamus wanted it??? I joined because it was free and because it could track my collection. I spent time putting that collection there and I have told many people to use you for tracking because you are FREE!!! And now you want me to pay $9.95????? I think not! This is an outrage!!

Not only have you lost me, but I guarantee no one else I run into looking to keep track of their collections will visit you. I plan on posting a very negitive report of this on www.sirstevesguide.com, www.starwars.com and any other collection forum boards I may run into. I shall take my collection elsewhere.
    I urge you to pass this info on and not use wizardworld.com
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I don't use Wizard anything, and support you 100%. How many hobbies of mine can Sham-us screw up?????? Like he needs another 9.95, that's what he charges for a goddam*ed magazine. Idiot.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Toyfare is $29.95 a year. Now I do like that magazine. They have a lot of good articals and what not. But are they gioing to charge you $9.95 so you can look at the price guide in the back??? You don't pay it, so they you can't see it??? This just really has me PO'ed!!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

But, Dar' Argol, by saying "you have lost me" you are preventing them from making good their initial terms, or offering you some kind of goodwill. I quite agree that their backdoor fee introduction - like the UK Government's stealth taxes - is unacceptable but I think you should've waited for a reply first.

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

I can understand how this can up set you. I also think you are doing the right thing by not going back. If they can't keep thier word. How can you trust thier info or anything else they say.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

See if they'll reimburse you for your time entering your collection into their now Pay to Play collection database. Tell them you don't work for free if they don't.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

After the Wizard-brand Simpsons exclusives debacles, I just stopped reading their products altogether even though I don't collect Simpsons figures anymore. It disgusted me how poorly Simpsons collectors were being treated by Gareb Shamus and company.

Plus, the only thing I kept reading ToyFare for anyway was the action figure comics, and the forumites here are now doing their own, even-funnier ones.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

As far as I know,someone else owns the site now. I don't know how much input or control Wizard has any more.

Hey Dar'Argol...if they email you back, will you post it up here? I'm really curious what they have to say.

Thanks
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

hamsterboy, I didn't know that. I wonder why they got rid of it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.