Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Happy Fathers day!!!

Happy Fathers day to all of our fathers here at SSG! Old and new ones alike!!

So what are the plans?? Well, I unfortunatly have to mow the lawn tomorrow. But after that?? Who knows.

Have a good day all!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Yes,Happy Father's Day. Me I'm going to clean up the apt. and cook out. Why am I going to clean up the apt.? My wife has enformed me that we have another baby on the way and I don't want her doing to much............ANOTHER BABY!
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

I'd like to be able to say happy father's day to my Dad but for one thing I don't know where he is these days and I haven'y seen him in many a year. I hope that those who do have fathers around pay some attention to him and give him a good day. Those of us less fortunate who have fathers MIA or who have passed away will be very jealous today. You guys who can call on dad should count yourselves very lucky indeed. Look after your Dad. It's crap when he's gone.
    And to all the Dad's here at SSG I say have a cracking day.

My first Father's day as a Dad!

I am looking forward to calling my Father to wish him a happy Father's Day. I am also sending him a Father's Day Card via e-mail. My Dad actually got a webTV...pretty amazing for a guy in his early 60's!!!
    May the force be with you.

A happy day to all, and congrats to Obi-Don ! ! ! :happy:

Happy Father's Day to all you new dads and old (like me)!

I received a swell, high-dollar cover-up shirt to help me with my daily fight with melanoma skin cancer, and two new carnivorous plants for my collection (attention mabs: one is a type of pitcher, the other is, well, not sure....stand by for pictures soon for some help identifying what the heck it might be! They're cool!)

I hope your day is a good one! Must run and fling some steaks on the BBQ for dinner now!

TI7
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Indeed, Happy Father's Day to all here who qualify. I don't normally do anything for my dad on Father's Day. As a kid, he would already be gone to Alaska for the summer where he was a commercial fisherman. He isn't one to make a big deal over things like Father's Day or birthdays anyway. This year was a bit different as we just learned about three weeks ago that he has lung cancer. My sister decided to have a brunch at my parents house, and then we would have a work party to help my parents out. They have a lot of property with lots of mowing and stuff to do. My siblings had been out there the past couple weeks doing some work. Today I did some mowing and raking.

Today was the first time I've seen him since I found out about his condition. He seemed in good spirits, but he isn't moving around as well. I think he also just feels tired. He'll be 79 in August. He's worked hard all his life. Even in retirement, it's been a lot of work maintaining their place. He deserves a break. I'm not certain what his prognosis is. They haven't started any treatment yet, and I don't know how effective it will be. So, I don't know if he only has a few months, or if he still has a few more years left in him.

So, today was a good day with the family pitching in to help out, and spending some time together. We should all enjoy those moments when we can. I consider myself lucky in that I'm 38 and have had my parents there for me all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I consider myself lucky in that I'm 38 and have had my parents there for me all these years.
    Yes, you are, MSP. I lost both of my parents when I was 35. My folks were absolutely wonderful! My brothers and I always came first with them.

That's very cool what your family did for your dad. Families should be teams and pull together when needed. My wife and I took her mother in 14 years ago, and her sister (going through a divorce) with two kids, just moved out after 10 month stay with us. *Whew!* we almost needed traffic control in the house!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I hope all our SSG fathers had a great day yesterday. We kept it simple here, a cookout . . time with the family. Nothing too extreme.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

My first father's day as a father was a great one. I went to a fly fishing school with my father and brother friday and saturday in Hot Springs, VA. Yesterday, I came back and my Dad came up and we spent the day playing with my little one (10 months yesterday.) On top of that my wife made a delicious meal last night for all of us. I got a few nice gifts, (shorts, desparately needed dress shoes and a couple books,) but the best gift of all was a spontaneous hug from my little guy.

Happy belated fathers day to all the dads out there, I hope your day was as great as mine.