Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Hooked on Collecting SW

Here's a few reasons why you’re hooked on collecting SW!

1) The store personnel know your name
    2) You actually know the delivery dates and times
    3) You’re the first in line when the store opens during delivery days
    4) You make several toy runs during the week
    5) You know all the new figures before they actually hit the stores!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

The only one that applies to me is #5.

And you forgot #6. You come to SirStevesGuide to Star Wars and hang out in the forums every single day.

That one applies to me, as well.

Thumbs up

Number 1, 2, 5 and 6 apply to me as well!!
    As always...........L

Re: Hooked on Collecting SW

1) The store personnel know your name
    2) You actually know the delivery dates and times
    3) You’re the first in line when the store opens during delivery days
    4) You make several toy runs during the week
    5) You know all the new figures before they actually hit the stores!
    6) You come to SirStevesGuide to Star Wars and hang out in the forums every single day.

I'm guilty of 4,5 and 6. i would say anyone who is a 2 and 3 could be scalpers
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Exclamation

Well, for #1, some of the store personnel know my face, but #2-5 do not apply to me. #6 goes without saying!

I know I'm hooked because I weep inside when I must refrain from making SW purchases in order to, uh, eat, pay bills, or pay other bills.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

# 6 for sure,the others,maybe4 and 5.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

1) The store personnel know your name ( They know me by face, is that the same?)
    2) You actually know the delivery dates and times ( Know the days of delivery and where the stuff gets dumped once unloaded.)
    3) You’re the first in line when the store opens during delivery days (Too lazy to get there that early but then thankfully so is everyone else)
    4) You make several toy runs during the week If only stuff were that frequently replaced. One run a week is enough to sweep up what's out there)
    5) You know all the new figures before they actually hit the stores! ( Most definately and the variants too )
    6) You come to SirStevesGuide to Star Wars and hang out in the forums every single day. ( Where else is there to go? Are you saying I'm a geek? Wanna make something of it? Step outside sonny boy......)

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    1) The store personnel know your name ( They know me by face, is that the same?)
    2) You actually know the delivery dates and times ( Know the days of delivery and where the stuff gets dumped once unloaded.)
    3) You’re the first in line when the store opens during delivery days (Too lazy to get there that early but then thankfully so is everyone else)
    4) You make several toy runs during the week If only stuff were that frequently replaced. One run a week is enough to sweep up what's out there)
    5) You know all the new figures before they actually hit the stores! ( Most definately and the variants too )
    6) You come to SirStevesGuide to Star Wars and hang out in the forums every single day. ( Where else is there to go? Are you saying I'm a geek? Wanna make something of it? Step outside sonny boy......)

1. No it wouldn't count
    5. Sad life
    6. I could tell you of more places A geek you are Yep!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up Another reason to be hooked...

....collecting with your kids equates to fun, quality time with them.

Also, being able to cruise the toy aisles (which I've never outgrown) is easier with the kids in tow. I've resented the 'he must be a scalper' comments I've heard on occasion when I've gone solo. No dark side for me, thanks.

I don't even collect the cards..........
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Bad parts of being a Star Wars Collector:

1. Getting beaten-up frequently.

2. Going to jail or prison for beating-up, attempted murder, killing of scalpers.

Good parts of being a Star Wars Collector:

1. Beating-up people who don't like Star Wars

2. Becoming a scalper.