Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Walmart figured out (no pun intended)

OK. I've figured out Walmart. For the longest time, they had no new figures, the racks were bear and for almost 3 weeks nothing. Well this is what happened and I like the idea.

It seems as if they know the scalpers or what happens with putting out a new case with just 2 of this new fig and 1 of that and 2 of that.....well what they did was just waited in the stock area and collected (what seemed to be enough) of a number of new figures!! Just last friday morning I showed up and bam! Tons of new figures all over the pegs. I like that idea. Iwaited forever but I was able to get what I wanted. Although no Pilot Obie, Alien Bounty Hunter, Palpatine or chewie...which was alright becuase I think I picked up atleast 5-6 figures that had been on my list to chatch up.

Anyway, WM is thinking. Oh and there were absolutly NO damaged packages.

From what I've read on SSG it seems a lot of Wal Marts got in a ton of new stuff this weekend. Was it a lot of the Bespin Wave you saw?

My WM in Utah finally got in a crapload of Bespin wave figures. I had been waiting for ages without spotting a single one.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Is this on purpose or just dumb luck. I wouldn't trust WM to do anything that smart on purpose. No offense to WM employees hear, but many of us can attest to WM not careing to much about anything to do with the collectable community.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I went to Wal-Mart last Friday morning and they had alot of new figures out too, only one figure I got was damaged and that was a Qui-Gon, which didn't have damage to the card but looked like someone elbowed the bubble, it's ok though, the figure was ok and they had an extra that was in good shape.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I've been having my best luck at Wal Mart. I found Bloody Luke and the area Jango Fett on Saturday.

A new Super Wal Mart is opening in my town on Wednesday. I plan to check it out!

SSDD

My WM in OKC was the same way. They got in tons of figures late last week (after a long drought)... everything except Palp, Djas, Chewie and Obi-Wan [JSP].

Less than a week later, it's down to 1-2 figs per peg, with only Orn Free Taa and Endor Rebel being the latest released figures left!

They were really knocked out over the weekend. There were plenty Friday morning...
    --RJ

"Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets, then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again." -- A Marin County newspaper TV listing for "The Wizard of Oz"

Eh, all the WM in my area have more than enough Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel Soldier, Qui-Gonn and so on. Nothing new, but i ordered mine, so, i'm not lookin'. If i can only find that freakin' Acklay, i would be happy!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

yeah same here, picked up the orn free taa wave, but didnt find the bespin or djas at WM.
    its only after youve lost everything, that youre free to do anything.

ohhh and you certainly can't argue with the $4.77 price per figure either when these guys get the stormies theres gonna be quite a few happy campers.
    its only after youve lost everything, that youre free to do anything.