Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, The Shield did premiere before The Dead Zone, so it's possible they BOTH have claim to that.

That guy is super lucky, if his brother hadn't gotten that gig on That '70s Show, he never would have met her; and he's pretty similar to his brother on the surface, so he's lucky there that Danny didn't get her first.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If you insist...

I guess I can't post it in my FAQ column, so....

New York, NY June 18, 2002 USA Network's premiere of the original series The Dead Zone set records on Sunday, June 16 (10-11 PM ET/PT). With a 4.7 household rating and 6.4 million viewers (P2+), The Dead Zone became the network's highest-rated original dramatic series debut and earned a place as the top basic cable original dramatic series of all time. The series premiere encore aired at 11PM ET to a 2.2 (3 million viewers).

Demographically, the premiere episode of The Dead Zone was the highest rated cable program of the week in households (4.7), P25-54 (4.1) and P18-49 (3.9). USA Network was #1 for the week in primetime (Mon-Sun 8-11 PM) for both P25-54 (1.3 rating) and P18-49 (1.3 rating).

The Dead Zone more than doubled the network's usual Sunday evening rating of 2.1 in the 10 PM timeslot. Previously, the highest rating brought in by USA for the debut of a new series was in January 1995 with William Shatner's "Tek War," which averaged a 3.4 rating.
    For my Star Wars TV List go here
    Viddy Well my Malcolm McDowell/Clockwork Orange Tribute site

Last night's ep was too much phoney suspense and not enough side-trips, but it was a solid effort none the less. It really need some flashes of things that WEREN'T related to the main plot though, basically it was a love story with an affair. I kinda hoped the love interest would have turned out to have been a Nazi spy or something, instead she turned out to be pregnant. Nicole de Boer was kinda icky in her "jealous" role, but I suppose that was how it was meant to be played. This ep should have been later in the season though, a nice slower, focused ep to take us out of the insanity of Johnny's "regular" world.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well Dead Zone fans, DVDFile is reporting that the pilot episode will be released on DVD on 11/5. Here's the full report.

Geek's revenge - 1:56am

After posting the highest-watched series premiere ever in basic cable history, it was inevitable that The Dead Zone would make its DVD debut sooner rather than later. On 11/5, Lions Gate will release the pilot episode of the popular and acclaimed new series, based on the Stephen King book and starring a resurrected Anthony Michael Hall, complete with plenty of extras. In addition to "The Wheel of Fortune" (Episodes 1 and 2) presented in full screen and 5.1 Dolby surround, extras include an audio commentary, the "Johnny Smith Video Diary," and promo spots. A teaser for more episode collections in 2003, this single-disc set will retail for $24.95. Stay tuned.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm told (by Thrawn) that the series has been picked up. Very cool because there have been some pretty interesting eps lately. In some ways, it feels so much like DS9 to me, just little subtle things like Johnny's recent "away mission" that goes wrong and eps that start with a feeling of being light and funny and turn into heavy drama.

Too Bad...

Too bad no one else around here has picked up on how good the series is.

Dinner with Dana was some hot stuff - gives new meaning to the term "group sex."

JT - how could you have missed the ST in joke line last time..
    "Resistance is futile.:

Screw that 1 or 2 eps per DVD crap. Just put the whole season on 2 discs or so a la The Simpsons.
    For my Star Wars TV List go here
    Viddy Well my Malcolm McDowell/Clockwork Orange Tribute site

Thrawn, they are putting out the full season next year. But this is a pilot, so it may not be in the first season DVD boxset.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Oh, I didn't miss it... I couldn't help but wonder what newslady would be doing quoting modern Trek.

I think the Simpsons can be compressed easier due to fewer colors, which is why they fit so well on just a few discs.

Here's a picture of the DVD case artwork for the pilot disc. I heard that the first season should be out early in 2003, if they pilot disc sells well. So if you like the series, and want it on DVD, buy the pilot. It's the same thing that happened with Babylon 5.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the dead zone - pilot dvd.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	4024  

Exclamation Dead Zone: Complete First Season Announced

For Thrawn and JT, and any other fans of the series. From DVDFile.

Just in from Lion's Gate Home Video is a number of new additions to their new Signature Series line of special edition DVDs, plus some reissues of titles previously licensed by Universal Studios Home Video. But first up is The Dead Zone: The Complete First Season on June 17th. Each episode is presented in 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, and extras include interviews with series creators Michael and Shawn Piller and cast and crew, and in-depth tour of the visual effects, and special collector's packaging. Retail is $49.95.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks