Special Edition Naboo Fighter sounds cool

If you didn't see the news on FBTB, Lego Direct will be releasing a new Naboo Fighter in August that will have a better design and chrome bricks for the nose and engines. It'll be about the same number of bricks as the original Naboo Fighter set (though that had 4 minifigs and a mini-vehicle) and will cost $40 (the higher price is mainly because of the chrome). It won't come with mini-figures, instead it'll be a mini-UCS-style ship. If this mini-UCS thing works out, I'd love to see other SW ships done in mini-fig style but with UCS designs such as the X-wing and Snowspeeder.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know about this. The original N-1 was a pitiful representation. With Tantive and Yoda warming shelves at Target, and the UCS Interceptor on "clearance" for $70, I don't see this high-brow line lasting much longer.

I'd rather Lego just get their act together and do the ship right the first time. And, of course, ship a little less because the majority of this stuff sits until the prices are cut in half.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

This would be a better shop-at-home exclusive. Why no mini-fig though? I want Ric Olie and R2-A6.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Pics on Brickshelf

Just spotted these pics of this set on Brickshelf. Don't know how this guy was able to access the pics from the LD site.

10026 SE Naboo Fighter
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

The thrusters look out of proportion.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

still looks pretty sweet
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

I like it, but I have a bad feeling there's gonna be NO way to hollow out the cockpit area for a mini-figure, or at best, the gappy cockpit design of the Jedi Starfighter.

I like seeing all that chrome, and I like seeing that they're FINALLY giving an R2 dome a 2x2 turntable plate.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.