Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The 2 faces of Count Dooku

Anybody notice: the Deluxe "Darth Tyranus" has a better head sculpt than the carded figure.

We still need one GOOD figure of Dooku, you think?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, and we'll get a perfect Dooku figure!...when Tatooine freezes over.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I suppose we could invent a shrinking machine and reduce the 12" Dooku to 3 3/4"...and a shrinking machine would be invented before a good Dooku...or a good Obi-Wan for that matter...unless the pilot version is good...which I wouldn't know since I've yet to find one!

Obi-Wan? It's not THAT good. I haven't opened mine because I keep a temporary carded wall for each current year. Now I only purchase what I will open, but I only need this 1 Obi-Wan, so....

I'll open him in January and stick him in my starfighter. But I can SEE that the headband is molded on him. Unless I see another loose, and evidence he can double-grip a saber or something, I won't take to customizing. Haven't looked for another pilot anyway, so I have no idea how hard it is to get. Mine fell into my lap so to speak, because I was at KayBee when the case was delivered.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The only way they could really make Dooku better would be to take out the action feature, which I have by twisting his waist enough to limit it and align his legs better.

He's a single-handed fencer, so with his left arm slightly back, and his right hand pointing his saber down really gives him the aggressive stance he needs.

Maybe I'd also give the figure more sense of weight (less gaunt in the face), but other than that, I'm pleased with it.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Tycho - Obi Wan JSP can hold his saber with both hands, and it looks pretty cool dueling with Dooku. On the downside, I think the CC Obi's head will look a little too small on the JSP body.

Thanks Cameo. I appreciate the info!

Oh man now I really want that Obi-Wan!

I agree we need a better Dooku. I know Hasbro will release other versions, but that doesn't necessarily make them "better".
    I had a dream that a new Dooku was coming out, but it was similar to the Saga Qui-Gon . And although the new Qui isn't that bad (I rather like him), it's just that he's so over-posed. Jedi figures, IMO, should have a lot of articulation for any pose that a Jedi in the movie could do.
    Just my two cents.

End
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Are you kidding? Of course we'll get a good Dooku eventually. They'll be re-sculpting him for years!!!!!!!!!!