Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry WAL-Mart music selection no good

I work at Wal-Mart and I can't stand the fact that the only thing they sell is edited CDs. Even if they have no curse words on them the content is still explicit. My last edited CD I got there was Eminem's Slim Shady LP. Didn't realize at that time they were only carrying edited. I haven't bought a CD there that has said "edited" since then.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Uh, well, the obvious solution is to just buy your CDs at Best Buy or Circuit City or Target or wherever. They never edit their CDs.

But then again I never buy all that "explicit" music anyway (if you can't make your point without cursing every three seconds then you shouldn't be allowed to own a tongue). You should stick with proper music.

Yeah, Wal-Mart would put stickers on the cover on this one CD from Aerosmith because it showed a Cow's utter with an ear-ring in it.

I originally thought you were gonna say their music selection they play over the intercom, which is actually not too bad because I've heard them playing the Saga Begins a few nights.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by Wooooof
    Uh, well, the obvious solution is to just buy your CDs at Best Buy or Circuit City or Target or wherever. They never edit their CDs.

But then again I never buy all that "explicit" music anyway (if you can't make your point without cursing every three seconds then you shouldn't be allowed to own a tongue). You should stick with proper music.
    Oh I already know to buy elsewhere I was just trying to find anyone who had purchased a CD there they thought was the regular version and found out it was edited. Whe I bought the Slim Shady LP it didn't say edited and that is what I looked for. I realized later that it didn't have a EXPLICIT LYRICS sticker on it but ones that are not edited didn't always have those on there so I still thought it was the original.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I have found that Wal-Mart and K-Mart sell only edited CD's. That's why I don't bother buying CD's tere.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

I got burned by them on Aerosmith's double live album from '98.

I love the hypocrisy of WM, I'm old enough to buy a gun or tobacco product from them, but a few "profane" words on a disc?
    Oh, okay - that makes a lot of sense.

The car magazines with the women in tight small bikinis are right next to the children's book section at my Wal-Mart.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't buy CD's from Wal-Mart because their physical selection is poor, and the prices aren't great. Actually, I haven't bought a CD in about 3 years, which was around the time I went from dial up to cable or DSL.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    The car magazines with the women in tight small bikinis are right next to the children's book section at my Wal-Mart.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
    I have found that Wal-Mart and K-Mart sell only edited CD's. That's why I don't bother buying CD's tere.
    I had no problem with my Staind Break the Cycle CD,which I got a K-Mart.Still has all the words.Maybe WM/K-Mart started this when parents complained their little darlings were buying SlimShady CDs.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!