Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

the female jedi who isn't luminara

you know in the scene where all the jedi's are in palpatine's office? there are 2 female jedis, one, obviously is luminara. i can't for life of me figure out who the other one is.

anyways, i'm wondering if they will be making this lovley jedi in to a figure, anyone got the inside scoop? jar jar i'm looking in your direction....
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

That would be Luminara's padawan, Barriss Offee. No word on when we will get a figure of her. But there is always a good chance, since she is a unique female Jedi charecter. Though, I am still waiting for Depa Billaba.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luminarabariss.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	2297  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Who's Depa Billaba JarJarBinks ?
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

i knew you would come through with an answer for me jar jar. thanks buddy.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Originally posted by brandon
    Who's Depa Billaba JarJarBinks ?
    She's the 3rd female Jedi on the council in Episode I. She's sitting next to Eeth Koth, and they exchange looks when Qui-Gon is speaking with the council about Anakin.

The Movies:
    A serene yet strong presence on the Jedi Council, Depa Billaba was one of the members of that august body during the waning days of the Jedi order. Billaba sat between Eeth Koth and Plo Koon. She was present when Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn brought the young Anakin Skywalker before the Jedi Council, requesting that the boy be trained as a Jedi. Billaba also attended Jinn's funeral and the victory parade that marked the liberation of Naboo shortly thereafter. The Force runs strong in Billaba's family, and a close relative of hers is also a Jedi Knight.

Expanded Universe:
    The orphaned Billaba was rescued from the space pirates who slew her family by the respected Jedi Master, Mace Windu. Windu sensed Billaba's Force potential, and brought the six-month old infant to Coruscant for training. On Coruscant, Depa learned to use her special abilities for the good of the galaxy. She has embraced the traditional culture of Chalacta in honor of her slain parents. As a result the Jedi Master was particularly attuned to the minds and personalities of her peers in the Council Chamber. Adorning the bridge of her nose are Chalcactan marks of illumination, testament to her spirituality. Shortly after the Battle of Naboo, Billaba followed her former master Mace Windu to the smuggler's moon of Nar Shaddaa on a mission.

Behind The Scenes:
    This design, found among some of the Episode I Art Department's earliest character sketches, introduced a spiritually inspired figure to an already diverse lineup of potential Jedi Council members to appear in The Phantom Menace. Even though the figure obviously underwent several revisions, it is not hard to find a resemblance with the Depa Billaba character seen briefly in Episode I.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	depa billaba.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	2298  
    Last edited by Beast; 06-20-2002 at 01:54 AM.

Very nice and quick reply JarJarBinks.

Thankx a bunch for the info. God your fast !
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

They need to make a Female Jedi assortment, it should include:
    Aayla (since she's already being made), Depa, Barriss, and Stass Allie. (sp? I can't remember her name clearly...) I think it would sell well, considering they're females (girls might want them more than they want male Jedi) and they've got lightsabers. Luminara is selling pretty well isn't she?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

bah! Jar Jar wasn't fast enough! all that info is on the link i provided!

i would buy every single one of those figures in the assortment that LTBasker just proposed.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Don't forget the most famous female jedi of all, LTBasker. Yaddle needs to be represented with a figure. I like your ideas though. A more neutrally posed Luminara would be nice also. Luminara and Shaak-Ti both sell really well. Since they are strong female rolemodels, that look cool, have lightsabers, and arn't padme.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks