I was lucky enough to find a new wave of Star Wars figures upon checking out a new Super Wal-Mart that just opened up. A new store with new figures, can't beat that!
- Likeness: What can I say? Hasbro blessed us with another great Chewbacca figure. Both Collectors and Scene Builders are in for a treat with this one. 5/5.
- Sculpt: Fantastic! There's a lot of detail right from Chewy's mane down to all the hairs on his feet. Not a single detail on this figure got missed. He has no waist articulation so his torso is all one piece. I especially love how his carry pouch and bandolier are sculpted right onto the figure. They did it right. 5/5.
- Articulation: New Chewy has 9 points of articulation. The ball-socket shoulder joints work very well for positioning. I think the highlight of the figure is a neck joint which allows the head to move up, down, right and left. "Most impressive." Especially on a Chewbacca figure. 5/5.
- Accessories: The best part, he comes with an Imperial blaster which he hold very, very well. Now it gets weird. He comes with C-3PO accessories which include a pile of parts, a torso and Threepio's head which when plugged into his body, lights up his eyes and plate on his back. Neato. BUT! His eyes don't light up too well. He also comes with a cargo net with you are able to put C-3PO in and put on the figure just like in ESB. Not really, because there is no way to effectively hang the net on Chewy with the 3PO and have it work. It doesn't. Thankfuly Hasbro made a 3PO with removable limbs figure already. 3.5/5.
- Playability: Now we're talking! This Chewy is a great figure to play with. He's got a blaster for Stormtrooper blasting action, a pile of 3PO parts and he's posable! 4/5.
- Value: Is $4.77 a bad price for a good Chewy figure? Naw! I didn't think so either. 5/5.
- OVERALL: A very nice figure. His legs look a little skiny but then again, they are! (if you've ever noticed) The 3PO acessories are a tad dissapointing but are only a bonus for a great figure. I would like to mention how really tall this figure is. He looks great with Han and other figures. 4/5.