Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

C-3p0 Who Finished Him

JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO FINISHED C-3P0 BETWEEN TPM AND AOTC.
    " AT LAST WE WILL REVEAL OURSELVES TO THE JEDI"

I think they said Shmi finished him. All he needed were the outer coverings.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Wasn't Padme supposed to put on 3PO's arm coverings in one of the earlier script drafts? Or was that just after the oil bath she gave him in the novel?
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

I thought he was finished and all he needed were coverings which Padme put on in a cut scene from AOTC.
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

WHEN ANAKIN AND PADME ARRIVE ON TATTOINE IN AOTC HE IS ALL FINISHED. HOW DID PADME DO IT?

BUT YES ALL HE NEEDED WERE COVERINGS

Originally posted by maul4ever
    WHEN ANAKIN AND PADME ARRIVE ON TATTOINE IN AOTC HE IS ALL FINISHED. HOW DID PADME DO IT?
    When they started shooting, I think they had 3PO uncovered like he was in Ep1. But they kept changing the script. I think in one version, they were going to have Shmi putting on his coverings, in another they were going to have Padme finish him and they ended up having him complete when Anakin and Padme arrive.

Here's a couple pics of Anthony Daniels with the "naked" on the set just after they began shooting Ep2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3p0-17.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	2301  

~SK

Whoops, here's the other pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3p0-15.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	2302  

~SK

ya it was going to be padme but they changed it, so it was shimi according to the novel.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

Originally posted by Darth Shifty

When they started shooting, I think they had 3PO uncovered like he was in Ep1. But they kept changing the script. I think in one version, they were going to have Shmi putting on his coverings, in another they were going to have Padme finish him and they ended up having him complete when Anakin and Padme arrive.

Here's a couple pics of Anthony Daniels with the "naked" on the set just after they began shooting Ep2.
    You can also tell that the finished, covered Threepio was added into that first introduction scene digitally. He definitely wasn't filmed at the same time as Anakin and Padme when they first meet.

I'm really glad that they took out the Padme/Threepio scene. It just wouldn't have made any sense at all. You have a droid fro 10 years, out working in a sandy desert, with all of his internal electronics open to the wind and the sand? That's ridiculous. Especially since they aparently already had the coverings for Padme to use.

And if Padme could put them on him in less than a day then it's not like it was a very difficult job. I think Lucas was smart to take that bit out.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?