Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bizarre Bespin Luke auction

I'm usually not really big on all the laughable Ebay autcions that get posted here, so if I'm bugging anyone I apologize.

But I thought this was so bizarre that I had to share. Not the error itself, but the fact that anyone would pay this amount for it means someone out there is seriously twisted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1742128081
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Jonna
    Hell, I wish I had three hands!

Wow, $183.00 for what accounts to being a worker slapping a hand in his wrist, as well as in the package. Lame. Hope the buyer enjoys his expensive conversation piece. I'll enjoy my 5.00 opened figure instead.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Wow, $183.00 for what accounts to being a worker slapping a hand in his wrist, as well as in the package. Lame. Hope the buyer enjoys his expensive conversation piece. I'll enjoy my 5.00 opened figure instead.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Just think if the hands were both the bloody versions; it would probably be $400.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I'm increasingly suspicious about these types of things, now that certain people have learned how to cleanly remove the bubble and alter the contents inside.

And to fuel my concerns, look how many times cyber-bee and
    pittsburgh30909 have consecutive bids...hmmmm...
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

that's ridiculous if you ask me. It goes to show you how naive some people can be in their pursuit to have every single figure and variation there is. More power to them I guess.
    "Who's the jedi that get's all the chicks??...................MACE!!...............Ya Dammmmn Right!"

Another reason why I could care less about variations. It's to much time and effort to waste when you possibly can't get them all. One for opening is just fine for me.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

how could they remove the bubble w/o any tearing? it looks legit, but the price is high, i guess if you have the money you can have most everything...

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    I'm increasingly suspicious about these types of things, now that certain people have learned how to cleanly remove the bubble and alter the contents inside.

And to fuel my concerns, look how many times cyber-bee and
    pittsburgh30909 have consecutive bids...hmmmm...

Very interesting... That is curious, indeed.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
    Another reason why I could care less about variations. It's to much time and effort to waste when you possibly can't get them all. One for opening is just fine for me.
    Variation = Any changes made to a figure, either to correct a mistake on the figure, or to make the version closer what was seen in the movie. Or a planned running change, to make the figure different for army builders.

Error = A factory mistake, missed paint application, paint overspray, missing parts, extra parts, wrong figure on the card, etc. In my honest opinion, worth less then a correct figure. Some people consider them valuable.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.