Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I liked ST 5. It said that religion was all crap. And it is imho.

The writers may be trying to write them like that, but it's more like Kirk, 7 of 9, and a mix between Scotty and O'Brien.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by DeadEye
    I liked ST 5. It said that religion was all crap. And it is imho.
    That wasn't the message of it at all. Though many have thought that. The only message you should be getting from that movie, is not only William Shatner a bad actor, he's also a bad writer and director. I've never seen a movie with so much ego in my life.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ego? I never saw ego. Just because you despised the film, my old Gungan friend, doesn't mean that that is its message.
    Your hatred has clouded your vision. :happy:

Oh, I don't hate W. Shatner. I just have heard the stories from the rest of the Star Trek cast. Like Shatner purposfully flubbing his lines for a scene where Sulu was getting a promotion, to make sure it wasn't included into one of the films, I believe it was Star Trek II.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The first interracial kiss on tv which was done between Kirk and Uhura was originally supposed to be Spock and Uhura but when Shatner learned that it was going to be historical, he demanded the script be changed for it to be Kirk and Uhura.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Yeah I've heard about Michael DOrn (Worf) wanting too much $$$ to do "Nemises." He's not like To Cruise or anything. What right does he have to demand?

Anyways, I'm pretty optimistic about it. But there is NO WAY it'll be better than "The Wrath of Khan."

KHAN!!!!!!! Augusy 6th will be a great day!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    Yeah I've heard about Michael DOrn (Worf) wanting too much $$$ to do "Nemises." He's not like To Cruise or anything. What right does he have to demand?
    He's got alot of right, IMO. He really built up the Worf character quite nicely in TNG and DS9, Berman's just using Trek for money, so why shouldn't Dorn demand more money.

I would have to say First Contact was the best of the TNG movies. It was somewhat unpolished in the acting but the best story line. There was really no reason for Insurrection. It screemed lets see how much we can defy our authorities, thus the title but it seemed just like a really long "episode" of the series rather than a movie.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I think ST: Generations is the worst film in the line. My list is:

ST2: WOK
    ST: First Contact
    ST6: UC
    ST1: TMP
    ST4: VH
    ST5: FF
    ST3: SFS
    ST: Insurrection
    ST: Generations

I didn't like Insurrection because it just didn't have a quality story, it felt like a *thin* episode of TNG stretched out for a second hour. Too many phoney emotion-driven plot points, too much humor at characters' expense, and an all-around unpleasant mix of new vehicles, new aliens, and new threats. Plus, there was this slightly icky feeling to how the character inerplay was onscreen.

Trek 5 gets a bum rap IMO, Paramount snatched away so much of the budget during production that a lot of stuff just didn't get a chance to be put together the way it was intended. I thought Shatner, as a director, was probably the best one of all in terms of capturing the feel of the original series. I loved how his characters felt like they were close-knit and really cared for each other throughout familiarity without making them too cutesy. Also, he gave every main character a good part, everybody got to do something that we normally don't see their characters doing. I just wish the final plot point had been explained better, it seemed like a lot was edited out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.