Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ST5 wasn't all that great and IMO ST4 is top #1 or #2 Trek film. One of the few parts I liked in ST5 was the very beginning with Kirk, Spock and Bones, that was quite funny.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Just watched the teaser trailer and it looks pretty good. The story may not be great, but this seems to be a roller coaster ride of a movie. Does not look like a typical ST film, it has darker edge, and the SFX look much better than Insurrection. Overall, I think it will be a big improvement. BTW, the trailer notes that this will be the last TNG film.

Where did you get the trailer?

DeadEye, it was on Entertainment Tonight but I do believe StarTrek.com will have it on July 4th or sometime around then.

IMO, it looked more like a rip of A.I., A-Team, Andromeda, and Berman's Sex Trek all rolled into one poor Star Trek movie.

It looked worse than Insurrection actually...

COMPLETELY FORGOT - It actually debuted early, it's available at the official Nemesis website.
    Last edited by LTBasker; 06-27-2002 at 09:39 AM.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

go to Apple Quicktime to get the trailer. I posted the link for everyone.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

I thought the trailer looked very good. I hope it is not the final Star Trek Film.

It would be nice if they did a DS9 movie, but it would probably be too involved.

DS9 was a very good show. The characters were well fleshed out, and were interesting. I think this show is what G-Rod had wanted to do with the origional series. If you watch "The Cage," it is very deep/indepth/complex. The network made Roddenberry change the majority of the show so that it would go on NBC. I don't think he was ever too happy about that. G-Rod passed away before DS9 premiered, but he was somewhat initially involved with it.
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

Deadeye,

Got it off the official site, but followed a link on aintitcoolnews.com

LT,

I agree that it did rip off a lot of other sci-fi, but then I think that every TNG movie has done that, ST:FC was successful the others were not. The film just looks fun though, and more epic in scope than the other films. I disagree that it looks worse than Insurrection. That was the ONLY ST movie that I was not eager to see after watching the trailer. I did not even realize it opened that Friday until my friends asked me to go that morning.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    IMO, it looked more like a rip of A.I., A-Team, Andromeda, and Berman's Sex Trek all rolled into one poor Star Trek movie.

It looked worse than Insurrection actually...
    You really thought so LTBasker? I agree that they obviously made it more general scifi to appeal to a wider audience but I'm actually excited to see it. Insurrection honestly ranks as my #1 worst ST movie so far, followd closely by #5.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I still don't like the story, and what they are doing to the charecters. I hope it's better then what I have read, but with seeing the trailer, it confirmed the things that I heard in rumors as being true. I told LTBasker what happens in the movie, because he wanted to know, and he's a bit upset about the direction the film takes. Oh well, maybe it's better if this does turn out to be the final Star Trek film with the Next Gen cast.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I still don't like the story, and what they are doing to the charecters. I hope it's better then what I have read, but with seeing the trailer, it confirmed the things that I heard in rumors as being true. I told LTBasker what happens in the movie, because he wanted to know, and he's a bit upset about the direction the film takes. Oh well, maybe it's better if this does turn out to be the final Star Trek film with the Next Gen cast.
    Yeah, if I had perhaps gone spoiler-free then I might be interested from the trailer, but then seeing the trailer after learning all that, it just doesn't suit me well.

The reason why I think it's actually worse than Insurrection is because it doesn't really have a Star Trek feel. It just seems like Berman wanted to have one those "everything so super narly!" movies while still using Star Trek as his cash cow.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Yeah, if I had perhaps gone spoiler-free then I might be interested from the trailer, but then seeing the trailer after learning all that, it just doesn't suit me well.
    Just remember, don't blame me for telling you that stuff. You did ask for it. I dunno, it could end up being good, but I doubt it. But I have to agree with you LT, it just doesn't feel like Star Trek.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.