Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I believe this is the last film for the Next Gen cast. As greatful as they are, I think the cast would like to take a bow.

Refering back to a previous topic on the thread, I thought "Generations" was a great Trek movie. it gives a sort of final chapter to the life of James Kirk (one of the most popular of ALL Trek characters) and it kind of passes the tourch between Captains. It also fills a gap of time in Star Trek between the last of the Original movies and Next Generation. There is a development of characters also, Data and Picard for "First Contact."
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

This is the last film with the TNG crew. I don't think it's fair because TNG was the best series, yet Kirk and his crew got seven movies while the TNG crew only gets four.

Well one reason they said for making it the last TNG movie is because of how much the actors are supposed to get paid per movie since they are more known now and prices have definitely gone up since the time of the Kirk-era movies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hmm...it's a possibility.

I think Nemesis looks good! I have read some spoilers and am saddened by them but feel good about the overall movie. Knowing this is the last one with this crew will make me appreciate it on a entertaining level instead of worrying about story gaps. I will look forward to Brent Spiners character in the future. TNG crew was the best, IMHO.

First Contact is my favorite....majik carpet ride, give it up. Wrath of Khan I really like also....can't beat the look on Khan's face when they used the prefix code. I didn't mind Insurrection, I thought it had a good feel to it. Generations......the more I watch it, the more I wished I hadn't watched it. I just wished that Kirk's prophecy to himself that he would die alone would have come into play...maybe by ramming the crippled Enterprise into Soran's ship or something. It tried to do to much in one movie....but I appreciate the attempt.

Although I'm not a big Trek fan, I liked the look of the trailer. It looks like it could be better than the last one. I will however wait till it comes out on video rather than seeing it at the movies.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Originally posted by Darth Sinister
    Generations......the more I watch it, the more I wished I hadn't watched it. I just wished that Kirk's prophecy to himself that he would die alone would have come into play...maybe by ramming the crippled Enterprise into Soran's ship or something. It tried to do to much in one movie....but I appreciate the attempt.
    Technically he did die alone. He "died" from his era on the Ent-B when he was trapped in the Nexus in which he was alone down there, and when we see him die at the end of Generations, he does die alone because there is no one from his era with him, especially Bones or Spock. That's the only way to rationalize that that I can think of.

Generations wasn't that bad, it was just...boring. The Nexus situation was more like something that would've gone in an episode of TNG, and the destruction of the Enterprise-D was really the only movie-worthy thing I could see.

They could've at least not re-used the ST6 FX shot for the exploding Klingon bird of prey.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

And in the VOY episode "Flashback" they reused many shots of the Excelsior from ST6...including it getting hit by the Praxis shockwave, even though in the episode it was supposed to be a different anomaly!

Originally posted by DeadEye
    Jar Jar, don't forget that ST 4, the Voyage Home, was the worst of them all. Sure, it's entertaining to watch, but it can barely be considered sci-fi.
    "Oh, save the whales!"
    Utter crap.
    First Contact is my favorite of all ST films. 2 and 6 come after that, neck and neck.
    I never watched DS9. My ranking for the series, from best to worst, is:
    TNG, Enterprise, VOY, DS9, TOS. (What's the abbrev. for Enterprise, anyway?)
    No way!! That is my second most fav ST movie. You can't dispute the awesome time travel scene. ST the motion picture was the best one of all.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I disagree. I hated TMP.

Well...let's not fight now, children!