Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Star Trek: Nemesis

I saw the preview for this one during K-19!

It looks awesome!

Once again, they're copying something from Star Wars. It looks like our Trekkers went to Geonosis in several shots.

Perhaps Poggle the Lesser will meet Picard the Greater?

However, the new movie looks awesome - like a galactic battle ground ready to go and play with our weapons in.

A new alien baddy looks great as well, as does some kind of Romulan warship.

The best part? This looks like it will be a dark movie like First Contact - but maybe even more like Alien Resurrection!

I'll wait until I see more later. The preview concentrates on the villains, but you do see Data, Picard, Troi, and Worf in the preview. Looks like Picard and Data are teamed up in this adventure. (when aren't they?)

Release? December 13th! (I'll wait in line for this one!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    It looks like they tossed Mad Max, Hellraiser and StarTrek into a blender and hit pureť. The only saving graces for me right now are John Logan wrote it (which might be it's downfall) and it's an even numbered ST film, which gives it a fighting chance at not sucking.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Don't forget A-Team with the land rovers and A.I. for the pod that Picard and Data were in.

Looks bad IMO. Only things that look Trek are the uniforms, Worf, Data, and the Enterprise-E.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think it will be okay. Picard's crew was always the best Trek crew, as it's the only one that actually functioned like a real crew and had a good balance of members--but since this is their swan song, I really hope they don't jack it up.

Eternal Padawan and LTBasker are right on the money here, they stuck all those movies into a blender and hit puree. I have read the plotline, and I firmly believe that this will be the only even numbered Star Trek film to suck. The plot, and what happens to certain members of the crew is pants. All that can be said, is that the film is going to be craptaculer. This was all discussed recently in the following thread:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...threadid=10661

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Haven't seen the trailer yet, but Geonosis isn't exactly that visually original so I'm super-skeptical of this claim of Trek borrowing from SW. Hell, Geonosis looks like the caves of Vulcan in some ways, and that's from 10 years ago based on a crappy set from 35 years ago!

Mentioning "Alien Resurrection" when describing this film is a death-mark BTW, you may as well have said "Nemesis looks as good as Speed 2".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Okay this is the Star Trek Nemesis Thread, but since we are getting off the subject, I wonder when they will make a Star Trek movie that involves Q!!!!! I wonder if this will be the last Next Generation movie?? Perhaps DS9 next? I really didn't care for DS9 that much. But I did like what could sum it up "THE ODO & QUARK SHOW"!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by scruffziller; 07-21-2002 at 11:56 AM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    originally by JarJarBinks
    The plot, and what happens to certain members of the crew is pants.
    Pants? What?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by scruffziller
    I wonder if this will be the last Next Generation movie?? Perhaps DS9 next?
    It will. Nemesis is the very last film to focis on the TNG cast. Now it's possible that some of the characters may appear in future movies but they've announced that the next film, whatever it may be, won't be a TNG film.

Largely this is because of the difficulty they had in just making this one; Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner both requested a LOT of money (well, for a Star Trek movie) and almost didn't sign.

And there have been problems on all three previous movies with several of the actors upset that they weren't geting any screen time; which is true. Data and Picard always get the story to focus on them, since they are the most popular characters. But it would suck to be one of the other actors, who used to get their own storylines on TV, and now just gets to sit in the background and do nothing.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?