Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Star Trek Nemesis!!

I have heard that it opens DEC. 20th 2002. I also heard that the opening scene is Riker and Troi's wedding. I wonder if it will be a "traditional" Betazoid wedding . And I heard that it involves the Romulans. Any other rumors?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

They've stated that it'll be like a "Wrath of Khan" but with Picard and Romulans. Haven't heard anything about Denise Crosby coming into the mix though (thankfully) so I think the Wrath of Khan type of thing might not hold up as well.

Afterall, they pretty much did that with First Contact.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The storyline sounds really horrible. I won't go into it, because I don't want to ruin the storyline. But this may be the only even numbered Trek film that actually sucks. Oh well, atleast the S.E. DVD of Star Trek II is coming out August 6th.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 06-20-2002 at 07:52 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JarJarBinks,

I read the online script awhile back and it did not seem horrible, but a lot of the bad humor and continuity errors need to be cleaned up. If John Logan is such a "fan" of Trek, I don't know why he can't get his continuity straight. Overall, it has potential, and hopefully the action sequences will be as good as I envision them. I don't think I would go as far as saying it will suck but I do think that without some repairs it will be the weakest of the even numbered films.

I am not sure if you read the script, but I will say, without going into detail, that I hated the way Worf is re-introduced, which is a slap to the character's face.

As for the the STII:DE DVD, Aug. 8th looks to be a banner day for DVD, with LOTR:FOTR, Clash of the Titans, and V The Final Battle being released that day.

Originally posted by wedgeA
    I am not sure if you read the script, but I will say, without going into detail, that I hated the way Worf is re-introduced, which is a slap to the character's face.

As for the the STIIE DVD, Aug. 8th looks to be a banner day for DVD, with LOTR:FOTR, Clash of the Titans, and V The Final Battle being released that day.
    I don't like the Worf thing, I really dislike the Picard plotline, and I am absolutly disgusted at the Data storyline. I hope since they are running the charecters and the franchise into the ground, that this is the last film with the Next Gen cast.

As for August 6th (my bad, I originally put the 8th), I agree. And I love your taste in movies. I am picking the same titles up that day. V kicks arse. Hopefully the series is soon to be released as well. August is a huge month for me, for DVD's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well they've stated that since the actors are more well known now that the cost of them being in movies is getting too high and so this could be the last NextGen movie.

I want a DS9 movie!!

Hopefully I'll be dead or something close to it before they start making Enterprise movies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

JarJar,

Thanks for the kind words. For me, the TNG movies in general did not match up to the OS. First Contact has some problems, but overall, I liked it. Generations is watchable on occasion, kind of like watching a train wreck, while Insurrection is by far the worst Trek film ever, yes more than TMP, and ST:V (actually an underrated film, though not great). However, ST:II-IV and VI hands down kill any effort by TNG.

LTBasker,

DS9 was my favorite Trek show, along with the OS, but I am not sure if a movie would work out. First, the last episode did a great job of wrapping up the story and to bring the characters back would not seem right. Secondly, DS9's biggest strengths were developing long dramatic arcs and successfully developing and utilizing the second tier characters, both of which would be difficult in a two hour movie. As much as I would like the see the characters in new adventures, I think it is best to leave it where it ended.

I haven't seen a whole lot of DS9, so I didn't really know that, and they don't show it here anymore - just a little after they showed the final season they took it off, which I missed the last few episodes of.

Voyager would probably suck as a movie. They'd probably go after a Planet of the Apes-like plot.

I want a DS9 movie also!

I can see it now, Captain Sisko commanding a ship- ENTERPRISE F! Sooner or later Star Trek will run out of ideas, so we best get to the end of the alphabet.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!