Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rebel Stand: Enemy Lines II

I'm not quite halfway through the book but I came across a passage that I thought was incredibly funny. It really won't spoil anything for you but it has really made the book even better. Basic setup, Han and Leia are being help captive on this planet where they were trying to start a resistance cell:

Sighing, Captain Mudlath cupped his chin in his hand. "Are you going to make me resort to sterner measures?"
    "You mean torture?" Han perked up. "Well...if you have to. But make it a good one. One I haven't seen before. I was tortured by Darth Vader."
    "So was I," Leia said. "That was before we met."
    "You'll have to go some to top him."

There's much more to this little exchange but you'll have to read the book to get it all.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Unrelated Jibberish

And with that last post, I am now an official Sith Lord. Woo Hoo!!!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I liked the one where they acknowledge Han as "General" over the comm system. ("You are cleared for landing, General" or something) and he goes "General. When are they going to stop calling me General?" and Leia says 'When are they going to stop calling me Princess?" and Han retorts "Maybe when you become Queen..."

Allston's a funny writer. I still crack up thinking about the Lt Ketch gag that ran through the X-Wing books. 'Yub Yub Commander..."
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I haven't finished the book either,but so far like it. I have noticed a lot of humor in this book that gives that feel of the Star Wars movies. I would tell everyone who likes these books to read it.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

I loved this book. And EP, that Kettch joke always made me smile.
    C'mon, Anakin! Every time I fight a Dark Lord of the Sith on my own, I get my butt kicked! ~ Obi Wan

Exclamation

I just finished it yesterday, and, as with many NJO books, I am left with a "hoe-hum" attitude. There were some good action parts at times, and it was cool to see R2 and C3PO actually DOING SOMETHING for a change.
    What is going on? Here's the recipe for the New Jedi Order:

Have the Y. Vong approach another planet
    A new tactic is developed by the New Republic
    The NR barely wins
    Lots of unknown pilots die
    Maybe a major character dies, too
    Story repeats in next book

Sigh. And at least another year of this...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."