Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

NJO Rebel Stand

So who's started this one? I'd love to be able to say I'm in that camp, but I went into Barnes&Noble today to pick one up and they didn't have any out. So I went and asked someone if maybe I got the date wrong and it doesn't come out today. She goes and looks on the shelf (yeah..excuse me... I did that already. Otherwise I wouldn't come ask you...) and then asks her manager or whoever, then comes back and says "it's not shelved yet."

"Doesn't it come out today?" I ask.

"Yeah. It's probably in a box in the back. Why don't you come back in a couple days?" she responds.

"OR...I could just go buy it from someone who isn't a lazyass slacker. Thanks." and I walked out.

But then I went to Wal-Mart, and Target and they don't have them out either.

So I'll have to get it tomorrow AT WALDENBOOKS (I'm not getting it at B&N on principle now...).

So...who's reading it?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I checked Walmart today and they didnt have it either. I will definitly read it, as soon as i find it. Right now I am reading the novel of ANH.

Originally posted by MichaelV103
    Right now I am reading the novel of ANH.

Whoa. Vintage.

That's a fun read since there is so much "conflict" with the rest of the EU.

I especially like Vader and Tarkin bad mouthin' the old man Palpatine.

On a tangent, I'd like to see the OT novels rewritten in light of all the EU that's been written and the Prequel Trilogy stuff. I'd love to see Obi-Wan reminiscing about Qui Gon etc...

Back to SW:NJO: ELII:RS. I'm up to chapter four. At first I thought the italicized Dark Jedi was going to be Anakin, but I flipped ahead. It's not him (sigh) I am holding out that he is still alive somewhere.

I liked the two second conversation between 3PO and Lando's 1-1A droid. Nice touch to have them conversing at droid speed.

Started this last night--looks good.

I thought the Dark Jedi was Vader, maybe, in a flashback. Doesn't appear that way, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Heh. Allston has some of the wittiest dialogue.

"General. Whan are they going to stop calling me General?"

''When are the going to stop calling me Princess?"

"I dunno. Probably when you become a queen."

Another reason to lure Ford and Fisher back to make more SW movies...

***SPOILERS***

(sniff) Farewell Lettuceankya.

Lord Nyax was kind of a waste of new idea for a villain. Introduce him and kill him off in two books?

Viqi Shesh's death was a waste, too. She had more to do, I think. Even if it was get taken back and put on trial.

An okay book. This series is still spinning it's wheels.

Yes, the death of the Lettuceankya was truly a sad moment. Nyax was, well, it was a better use of the character than anything Barbara "I Suck" Hambly could come up with. I liked how the "implants to use mind tricks on droids" aspect of him was completely glossed over (if not wiped out completely). I definitely agree it was a waste to kill him off in this book, though.

Jedi Temple being completely obliterated? If the rumors of Palpatine's office in the Ultimate Editions is true, this book's already got a continuity blip.

Viqi Shesh, what can I say? I wish we got to see her get eaten by a voxyn. Her suicide was a cop-out.

I do have to admit, I was worried for both Face and Wedge toward the end. This "nothing is sacred" stance the NJO has taken on just about everything definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was more worried about Eldo Davip, then I was Wedge. And I wasn't worried about Davip. (If he'd stayed and gone down with the ship...oh well...)

Oddly enough, the character I was most intrigued by was the kid who owned the Ugly Truth, even after he died. I wanted to know more of his story. What's that say about Allston's writing? Good or bad?

Anyone writer who gets you wanting more is a good thing.
    I also thought the dark jedi would be anakin, actually I would have liked it a ot better if he was, can you imagine luke and tahiri fighting him, mara would be the only one to put principal before emotion. I'm glad vikki killed herself, but I wish she would have made her big "I'm to good for you to kill me" speach and the vong leader still offered her before she could jump. The end of the book seemed to really drag escpecially after you knew how everything was going to play out.
    What I really wanted to see were more moments btwn Jaina and Jag, I liked that short, but sweet, part
    Your signature here!