Thumbs up Jedi Training Obi-Wan review

First off, I have to say that I really like this figure. I think Hasbro's doing better on the OB1's of late (ChocoB1 being the exception). It's too bad that it took them so long to get him right and that the EUs look better than the EP1 figures.

The coloring looks great. I really like the outfit better than the drab Jedi one. It's not necessarily all Jedi outfits look blah. I like the ones from the Jedi Council, just not for OB1 and QGJ. The helmet gives the figure a nice touch. Otherwise it would be another in the long line of typical Jedi/Sith figures.

The articulation is OK, but enough to work with.

The main problems I have is with the braid and the stance. It is close to being another "one pose wonder, " but the articulation makes it more posable. The braid should have been made pliable like the one from the soft good wave.

Other than that I really like this sculpt. It easily could have turned out crummy, but Hasbro did a decent job with it. However, enough with the OB1 resculpts until EP2, OK?

MC's grade: B+
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I haven't found this figure yet, but I have to agree with the "enough of the OB..." statement. This is the fourth Obi Wan in less than a year.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Enough Obi-Wan re-sculpts? How about enough with the re-sculpts of other figures like Qui-Gon or Anakin?

Originally posted by master jedi
    Enough Obi-Wan re-sculpts? How about enough with the re-sculpts of other figures like Qui-Gon or Anakin?
    What!? You mean you haven't had your fill of Anakin or QGJ resclpts?! What are you? Some kind of communist?

Think of all those people struggling to make the best Qui-Gon resculpts for you. What nerve!

"I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I finally ran across this figure (not with my car). I just don't see the point. It's a decent enough figure as action figures go, but I just couldn't bring my self to part with $7 for it. Is there something wrong with me? At least they should have given him articuled knees and elbows. And why don't they bring back the "soft goods" braid? I thought that was a great detail, even if the figure it came on was a total rehash.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com