Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Favorite Gimmick?

Ok, we all know most of the gimmicks suck, but which one is the best (Or least horrible), in your opinion? Removable lightsaber blades dont count. I'd say Dooku's slashing attack, it is stupid that you squeeze his legs, but it is fun to cut Anakin's arm off. I actually like some of the muzzle flashes/reflections too. Just thought this was fairly original.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

GR Mace.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

MY favorite gimmick is the following:

CAN U DIG THAT!!!!!!!!

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Jango Fett's grappling hook isn't bad... It's actually quite fun, if you put his arm up and put the rope in his hand, it looks like he's lowering himself down and he can be "firing" a blaster in his other hand.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Jango Fett's grappling hook isn't bad... It's actually quite fun, if you put his arm up and put the rope in his hand, it looks like he's lowering himself down and he can be "firing" a blaster in his other hand.
    If the grappling hook counts as a gimmick then I'm with LTB on this one. I love it! Of course I've mentioned a couple times that I have a strange fetish for string accessories...

But if you count the grappling rope as just an accessory, then my favorite would probably have to be Luke Bespins (and to a lesser extent, Vaders) slashing action. It actually works really well on both of my figures, and unlike a lot of people I simple don't care if there's a little button sticking out of his back. Doesn't bother me a bit.

I have a feeling that this might turn into a debate on what is actually a "gimmick" and what is just a part of the toy...
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

none, action figures suck, but the falling off limbs isn't to bad(anakin and jango)
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

Gimmick (Definition I'm looking for): Anything not used in any SW figures other than Saga, whose main goal is to amuse little kids. Removable arms do not count, nor do removable blades as almost everyone likes that idea. Force effects are one example of a gimmick, in this sense.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

I don't mind Mace's or Vader's lightsaber slashes. I don't mind them as long as it doesn't detract too much from the asthetics of the figure. And yeah, I kinda like the deflections and muzzle flashes because they look decent and best of all - they're removable.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

The massiff's gimmick is decent. C'mon, you know you bought it for the Geonosian Warrior and not the statue
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    The massiff's gimmick is decent. C'mon, you know you bought it for the Geonosian Warrior and not the statue
    Yes, that is funny. The figure is the accessory, thats great! The Massiff is cool too. Its like "Dog" action figure, with "Human".