Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

12" Ultimate Jango Fett is shorter than Electronic Boba Fett. Anyone notice?

Just temporarily, I have father and son in full armor, standing next to each other. Jango's actually in the middle of my ESB bounty hunter scene I have going with my 12" (and this ONE time, no Vader....no. I'm not going to buy a 5th one.... well maybe, but it will be an Episode 3 one. And I'll just get maybe 2 or 3 of those....maybe just 2 or 3).

Anyway, Vader....now oh yeah. I was talking about Jango. Definitely in my Top 3 of all great 12" which includes the Bikerscout on Speederbike as # 2 anyway!

But Jango is next to his full grown son who stands 1/2 an inch taller than him! Some clone... he-he.

So is it a different body? My Boba's knees are even bent a little as he's kind of "walking with an attitude" so he'd be even taller than his dad were I to set him posed really straight legged.

I don't have a complaint, compliment, anything. This is just a comment that I noticed this. It might actually make Electronic Boba Fett look better than Dear 'old Dad because of the fact that Boba looks so formidable. Nothing tops Jango's accessories in the Fett-fetish category though!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yep.

But Jango Fett is shorter in EII than Boba Fett is in EV and EVI. Makes you need to use your imagination to see Boba as a Clone of Jango, doesn't it.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Yah I noticed that too. If you read one of the gide books you'll see that Boba is about 3" taller then Jango. I think the reason is that all clones grow faster then the host, even if they werent given any thing to make them grow.
    Even though I changed my icon, I am still the same OneArmedJango.

tycho,

is it a different body, you ask? yes sir!

here is a picture of the electronic boba fett body on the left, with the new jango body on the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1010021.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	2324  
    Last edited by derek; 06-21-2002 at 09:58 PM.

I think derek has a body fetish. Just kidding! Nice comparisons, I do like the new Jango better though, just for the accessories.

i was wondering how long it would take for someone to make comments about my naked dudes!

i don't display them that way,this is just to illustrate the change hasbro made in the body styles.

and for tycho, who didn't realize hasbro switched bodies on him.

Its good you do that Derek, because I wont do it to mine!!

In my opinion, This Jango and the Count Dooku are the 2 best 12 Inchers.
    I am definately going to get the Dooku, but I still believe the Jango will remain my favorite. I just cant get over how much stuff you get with this guy. I was extrememly lucky to get him; I know if I hadnt found him by now I wouldve been pulling my hair out!! I havent seen him around here since.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Thanks Derek. That was a little scary, but I think I asked for that information....

Now I don't recommend you do any other experiments with your naked action figures.

Hmmm. Except one: get some fake blood and the Acklay's guts and some McFarlane cutlerly for action figures. Display them on or around your naked Jangos in your window where they'll most likely be seen by passer-byes. Make a comparison of how many less times the paperboy to Jehova's Witnesses disturb you This Year, as compared to last year.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

What is it with Hasbro and 12" figure feet? They just keep getting longer and longer, it was always difficult to put those one-size-fits-all boots on these figures to begin with, but ever since the Ep 1 Obi-Wan style body came out, the feet have just become incredibly large! What's even more strange is the larger the Hasbro figures' feet get, the smaller the other brands' figures' feet get.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sometimes, to make up for deficiencies, other body parts overcompensate.

For example, you've heard the rumor that blind people have really good hearing, right?

OK, this is the same thing, but sort of indirectly symbiotic between the action figures and their creators.

With Hasbro having notoriously small brains, they make up for it by having extra large feet!

What better way to walk all over the collector with?

I couldn't resist that!