Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    check the threads regarding "bodies" and "heads" in this forum for more info, including photos.

as for what kind of body i use, it really depends on how the neck is attached to the figure. if it has a long neck, like episode 2 anakin, a 21st century body is best used. if it has a short neck like jango fett, a hasbro body is best.

as for those GI Joe boxed "grunts" on clearance for $5, they have the same body as the new jango fett. 21st century sells their carded figures for about $10, which is a pretty good deal. hasbro used to do this, but since the release of their super joe body, they have added a few crappy acessories and jacked the price up to $15-18, depending on where you get them.(i suggest target for the best price on carded super joe's)

as for the thin arms, you really won't be able to tell when the figure is dressed.

Thanks Derek!

As for the Super Joes, all these body types are starting to confuse me. Is the Super Joe body the one with the jointed fingers or is this the newest one with the "bendy fingers"? Cause if is the jointed finger Joe, Target just clearanced these to about $10 each. A good time to grab them (if there's any left)! I've been tempted to pick up one of the 21st century figures to see what all the hype has been about, but I just can't get past those ugly heads they use! Of course I know it's just the body I'm buying it for, but the heads are just...ugh imo! I don't know if it's something about the plastic they use, but it doesn't look good! Looks like a cheap knock off! Am I alone in this feeling?

hasbro has used the jointed, or hinged fingers on both their body styles. the only way you will know for sure if it's a super joe is by looking at the elbow(the old joe body has a pin thru the elbow), or if it says it on the package.

super joe's for $10, yea that's good. but most of those guys have long sleeves, so it will be hard to tell if it's the super body.
    hasbro has a green beret or ranger S.A.W. gunner with the super body.

the 21st century body is pretty good. just make sure if you buy a carded figure, it's not the cop with short sleeves or the fireman. those have their old body. and don't worry about the head, you'll be taking it off and putting a star wars head on there.

I'm looking for female bodies to swap for Star Wars females. TRU by me has four different 21st century 12" female sets on sale:

America's Finest CHP Officer and EMT
    America's Finest EMT
    Ultimate Soldier WAAC
    Villians Jacqueline

Do all these sets have the same body, or are some better than others? The CHP Officer and EMT set is the best value at $10 for both a male and female figure.

Any thoughts? Thanks
    It may be the early bird that gets the worm,
    but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

those 21st century female bodies won't work for hasbro's female figures. the neck on the 21st female is shaped in such a manner that you would have to do some major alterations to get a female hasbro head on there.

i've had my best luck with hasbro's GI Jane figure and toy biz's LOTR female body. the hasbro jane body is hard to find though. kb toys is blowing out the LOTR 12" figures. you should be able to find arwen, gladriel or eowin for $12 each. ($30 regular price)

you may be able to find the hasbro jane body at some of the KB liquidator stores, or at some toys 'r us stores that don't sell much merchandise.

Originally posted by derek
    i've had my best luck with hasbro's GI Jane figure and toy biz's LOTR female body. the hasbro jane body is hard to find though. kb toys is blowing out the LOTR 12" figures. you should be able to find arwen, gladriel or eowin for $12 each. ($30 regular price)
    Thanks for your insight derek. I guess I'll have to gear up for a trip to the KB at Mall of America (always an epic adventure in itself)
    It may be the early bird that gets the worm,
    but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

no problem. just look those LOTR figures over well. i got one yesterday with 2 left hands.

....and if you use the jane body, you'll have to glue the head on.

Just wanted to add that Villians Jacqueline has a crappy open-posed left hand and no extra "normal" hand to replace it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.