25 years ago, the body styles were so static and the detail sculpting of the body parts was so bad that accessories had to have brackets sculpted on them for the figures to hold them. Some of us will remember the old body styles of the 70's that hardly permitted any articulation other than the head turning, the arms swinging at the shoulder, and the legs swinging at the hip.

The transitions and improvements that have come seem to have actually taken place relatively recently. Mostly within the last 6 years or so (and is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that the Star Wars line gets the leftover bodies from the G.I. Joe line).

Thank goodness today we have figures that are not only sculpted to better hold there weapons and accessories, but the articulation has had some definite improvement as well. An example of the newest and best-to-date body style is the Jango Fett "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" figure. The articulation on that figure is the standard by which I will judge all other 12" Star Wars figures.

I would certainly like to see ALL of the future 12" figures made with this type of body. I would gladly pay the extra 5-10 bucks per figure to get the sculpt/body/accessories that came with this Jango Figure.

But being a realist...I know we are going to be stuck with hte ones they are using now for Yoda only knows how long. At least they are not horrible. They can, after all, be moved some. I long for the day that I can display my Jedi Knights and Sith Lords in some awesome poses fighting each other. The one I want to do most is a pose of Darth Maul blocking attacks from both Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi at the same time.