Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

endor rebel soldier , variant ?

i've read about the endor rebel soldier being the first of army builders. i've read that there is one with a goatee and one without ? is this true ? i have only found the one with goatee.

The clean shaven version isn't shipping yet, but it should start shipping soon. Hasbro is doing a 50/50 production run on these. As soon as they hit the 50% mark in the goatee version, they will switch the production over to the clean shaven version. He should start showing up in the next Collection 2 assortment, most likely.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I can just see the auctions on ebay when this guy first starts showing up.

Anyway, isn't Hasbro also releasing an Endor Trooper army builder 4-pack soon? Will they be more of these guys or just 4 of the POTF2 version?

It's the POTF2 version, from everything I have heard, BigB. Which isn't that bad, the POTF2 figure was pretty great. Plus that version of the soldier is wearing the whole camo oufit. I hope they atleast do some different heads for the army building set. I would like to see a black version of the ERS.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, I still have the POTF2 version, so unless they do something apart from releasing an Endor Clonetrooper 4-pack then I will have to pass.

Will they be offering better rifles with the Fan Club 4 ?
    Because the ones I had were terrible, way too rubbery and misshapened.

I'm all for Army Builders, because I know people love them, but isn't the "two versions of head" thing kinda weird? I mean, if you buy 50 of the clean shaven version, sure he is generic. But throw in another 50 goateed versions and suddenly they aren't so generic - there's an either/or thing going on.

Personally, I think it would be cooler to get better articulated Troops that look the same . . . but I'm not an Army Builder.

I don't think there were any more than 15-20 of the Endor Rebel on the striketeam. Thus if you reeeeeaaaallly want to recreate every single one, then I think some customization would be necessary. Although having 20 figures all in the exact same pose will tend to look more like a Broadway chorus line than an elite military strikeforce.

The Phaaaannttoom of the Endor is heere... inside my Ewok...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Probably the old POTF2 rifles, Caesar. Since Hasbro packed the old oversized POTF2 Imperial Blaster with the Stormtrooper Fan Club 4-Pack. Oh, and thanks again for that bearded ERS, Caesar.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

You can always tweak the figures to make them different. Like you could paint the Endor Soldier's goatee and/or skin color, or you could chip off parts of the goatee with an X-acto blade.

Doubt they'd go through the trouble of putting different heads on the FC 4-pack versions, but oh well. The rifle wasn't too bad either, although I'm guessing it'll probably be gummier than the POTF2 version.

I don't see why people are complaining about the bigger Stormy blasters coming with the upcoming accessory pack and the FC 4-pack, they fit and look a whole lot better in the hands of the CTC Troopers than the small blasters.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"