Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12" SW females

The 1/5th scale heads are a problem with all the SW figures (since they're on 1/6th-scale bodies). However, the female figures have been pretty heinous, bodies that have less range of motion and less ability to hold accessories. I would gladly give up rooted hair for an actual female 12" action figure instead of some ridiculous half-breed action figure/fashion doll.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Amen to that!
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

I hope Hasbro doesn't go the barbie route with the female Jedi (if ever released). I don't see why they would, but IMO they need to get moving & get some female Jedi out.

MR

I agree, I would love to see Luminari and I know they can do the costume up nice, but it would be useless on their "doll" body if she can't pose like her action figure!

Originally posted by JediTricks
    The 1/5th scale heads are a problem with all the SW figures
    No, you're wrong. Padme.JPG shows the correct size. Amidala.JPG shows your problem. If it would be a 1/5 head on a 12"-body it looks like B. If you rescale the original head from "1/5" to "1/6" it would look like C - a manga comic girl - but no right scaled Natalie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amidala.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	2609  

Here's the doll's head size compared to the head of the actress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padme.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	2610  
    Last edited by N-2PF; 07-02-2002 at 10:34 AM.

Adi Gallia, Depa Billaba, Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, and Aayla Secura are what I'd like to see before we get another male Jedi.

Thanks for the comparison pics N-2PF, now what I didn't understand was : Do any 12" females violate example A?

Who?

To all of us, it would seem Zam Wessel is a candidate. Unfortunately.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.