Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking On October 2nd, Buffy Lives...

Well if you were watching Enterprise, you saw those previews for the New Season of Buffy. Now, I know she's been resurected before, but in the preview, she seemed to, well just sorta come out, like the Michael Jackson Video "Thriller" but, how will they do it, will we see the 3rd slayer? Anyways, all the characters seem to be in a peril, or plauged by a giant booty whopping. So what does everyone think, just from what the previews shown to us. If you want to view the Commercials, go Here , click on shows, then click on Buffy (duh). Just wanted opinions of everyone.

Personally, i think it will be an interesting ride, and be absolutley thrilling watching 2 hours of it. BTY, Angel is um, kinda strange...
    Last edited by mrhat; 09-26-2001 at 09:38 PM.
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

Will probably see a new slayer (YAY!) Hasn't there been more than 3 slayers?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I think they almost couldn't have promoted Buffy any more than they did on UPN last night, YIKES! Once per commercial break AT LEAST!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never really watched the show,but by the previews its got me interested. And yes,they made sure that we knew it would be coming on really soon.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

In Entertainment Weekly, they kinda spoiled the surprise already. I'm sure they didn't give everything away, but it was enough to **** me off. I can't wait though. The season premier of Angel was a little disappointing. I'm sure it will get better, though. It always does.

And for those of you that have never caught either of these shows, you should. I thought Buffy looked stupid for a while, but started watching here and there. After seeing the previews for the episode "Hush," I was intrigued enough to start watching. Now I'm addicted. Reruns are even showing now on FX, so I can catch up on what I miss. Some of the best writing and acting on TV, with some really cool characters. My favorite, like many people, is Spike. He rocks. But seriously, aside from all the outlandish vampire-demon stuff, all the action, and the hot chicks, there are characters you really care about and some great dialogue. George Lucas should watch this, and learn.

None better

To end speculation, I heard whedon say that there will not be a new slayer because that "line" lies with Faith, so there will only be a new one if Faith dies.
    Buffy is one of the best shows, for all the reasons that you've all stated. And if you really want to watch some good tv try and find the episodes, "Hush" and "The body" two of the best, but of course there are others.

I also thought Angel could have been better, but it followed Whedons formula of setting up the seasons arch with the final scene.
    Your signature here!

Talking

What i meant by a third slayer, of course i meant it would be the third time Buffy is "Born" ie, When her mom had her, when the MASTER Killed her, and then shes back, now a mystrious cloud of energy and evil, and obviously, she is coming back, the Third time.
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

Re: None better

Originally posted by THE Slayer
    To end speculation, I heard whedon say that there will not be a new slayer because that "line" lies with Faith, so there will only be a new one if Faith dies.
    I dont know,I still think a new slyer would come. Didn't one of the oth slayer died and Faith came? If so then if Buffy died,another slyer will come imo
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

of course that would seem logical GNT, but it's fantasy.
    Buffy dies in the first season, "but only for a couple seconds."
    So a new slayer was "born", Kendra I think her name was.
    Then she died and Faith was "Born." Faith has been close to death quite a few times but never actually died, thats why there are no "new" slayers. I think.
    Your signature here!

Originally posted by THE Slayer
    of course that would seem logical GNT, but it's fantasy.
    Buffy dies in the first season, "but only for a couple seconds."
    So a new slayer was "born", Kendra I think her name was.
    Then she died and Faith was "Born." Faith has been close to death quite a few times but never actually died, thats why there are no "new" slayers. I think.
    Ok I can see it your way now I still think we should see a new slayer
    GNT
    ''