Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who says it has to be a lava pi?

Everybody knows that Anakin alegedly fall into a lava pit thus giving him his scars, but who says so, everybody including myself believes this to be true, but how do we know, did Lucas confirm it back in 77 or 83 or is it just a very long runnung rumour. It could be that he loses his limbs in the battle with Obi-Wan (he's already lost an arm) and the scars and burns on his face could come from Palpatines force lightening, who would exept this if it did get into the film rather than the lava pit, or do you really want to see the lava pit?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I doubt it's a lava pit, and I highly doubt he'll actually fall into it, considering he'd be smaller than a midichlorian in seconds.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I never said it was a lava pit in my version: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&threadid=8950
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I don't think it's a lava pit.....

I think it may end up being toxic waste on that moon of Bogden...

Why? Now before you all start moaning, the EU sucks or has nothing to do with the films, remember this about AOTC...more than PM, this film has several nods to the EU in it ("It's possible...he's just returned from a border dispute on Ansion" Mace Windu in AOTC referring to Obi-Wan when Palpitine asks about Kenobi watching over Amidala[the novel "Approaching Storm"]
    ...and of course the constant appearance of Aalya Secura in the film from the ongoing comic series)

In the young reader book "Boba Fett: Fight to Survive", young Boba is delivered at the end of the story by Aurra Sing to Count Dooku on that moon of Bogden his father told Obi-Wan about. It's a garbage scow of a moon filled with toxic fumes & waste. If that is indeed where Dooku is hiding out when he's not visiting his master on Coruscant or stirring trouble in the galaxy (and where Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace or all may confront him later in Ep III), it could be a toxic end for ANakin as opposed to a lava one.

Just a thought.....

Originally posted by jedibear

Why? Now before you all start moaning, the EU sucks or has nothing to do with the films, remember this about AOTC...more than PM, this film has several nods to the EU in it ("It's possible...he's just returned from a border dispute on Ansion" Mace Windu in AOTC referring to Obi-Wan when Palpitine asks about Kenobi watching over Amidala[the novel "Approaching Storm"]
    ...and of course the constant appearance of Aalya Secura in the film from the ongoing comic series)
    But then again GL murdered the Death Star and Boba's EU origin (not sure on Boba, not a huge EU fan only know what my friend told me). Although, that could work out (refering to your idea).
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I thought the novel to Jedi explained somewhat the confrontation between Anakin & Obi-Wan.

i don't think so. we will just have to wait 3 years.....
    peace
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Originally posted by Megs 2
    I thought the novel to Jedi explained somewhat the confrontation between Anakin & Obi-Wan.
    It does, but the novels are only quasi canon. I wish that Lucas would have the novels re-done to remove stuff that doesn't fit in with the storyline. Remember, the ROTJ novelization also says that Owen is Obi-Wan's brother.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I would like it to be the lava pit. What a visual. They wouldn't be able to show Ani burning up, but as one poster here said they could cut away from Ani falling in and flash forward to Darth Vader's helmet going on, leaving us to make the connection. That would be extra cool if properly done.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Remember, the ROTJ novelization also says that Owen is Obi-Wan's brother.
    The Decipher CCG also refers to Owen as Obi-Wan's brother. Doesn't Uncle George give his stamp of approval on all Star Wars related material?
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK