Battery Protector/ Lightsaber Repair Kit Instructions

Does anyone have the instrutions for the lightsaber repair kits? I can't figure out how to get those two little pieces in the hilt, and get the batteries to fit in it at the same time. Hasbro sent the pieces, but no instructions.... is that normal?

No, that's not normal. However, what IS normal is for me to not throw anything away like a lazy packrat, so I just happen to have the instructions right here.

For Qui-Gon's saber:

Note - the guide has a flat side on the bottom and raised tabs on the top.

1. Unscrew handle from lightsaber and remove batteries.

2. Tape flat side of guide on top of one battery (positive pole - JT). Insert battery protector into top of guide. (battery protector goes in with the wide part down, towards the battery - JT)

3. Carefully place lightsaber handle over assembly (open part goes DOWN over battery's positive pole - JT). Do not turn upside down.

4. Push assembly all the way into battery compartment until it stops, placing battery protector in the correct position on the spring. Use second battery if necessary to help push.

5. Look to check that the battery protector has snapped onto spring (the spring will have at least 2 coils above the protector now - JT)

6. Remove tape from battery and guide. Discard guide.

7. Replace batteries as indicated by drawings inside battery compartment. (Positive poles go away from spring - JT)

---

For Maul's saber:

1. Remove batteries from lightsaber.

2. Tape flat side of guide on top of one battery (negative pole - JT). Insert battery protector into top of guide. (battery protector goes in with the wide part down, towards the battery - JT)

3. Insert assembly into battery compartment as shown. (negative pole with guide goes in towards the spring - JT)

4. Push assembly all the way into battery compartment until it stops.

5. Look to check that the battery protector has snapped onto spring (the spring will have at least 2 coils above the protector now - JT)

6. Remove tape from battery and guide. Discard guide.

7. Replace batteries as indicated by drawings inside battery compartment. (Positive poles go away from spring - JT)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not at all, glad to help out!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How did you break it? saber fight...
    "It takes more than one step to go the extra mile for someone"

Good Sellers:

BJBFrericks

Naw, I bought one of those defective lightsabers when they first came out.

As I understand it, the design for the negative polarity battery contact on the Maul and Qui-Gon saber was not so great and allowed the battery to somehow get feedback from the circuit so the energy would flow at the negative pole as well as the positive - this would sometimes cause the batteries to heat up which is dangerous.