Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lightsaber/ blaster colors

This is kinda funny...

All bad guys so far have had red lightsabers. Green, next to blue, is the most common color of a good guy lightsaber. Red is bad, green is good.

So...

Why do all good guy ships fire red blasters, and bad guy ships fire green ones? The only Imperial vehicles I recall shooting red are AT-ATs and AT-STs. I don't remember any rebel ships or vehicles firing green.

There is obvious symbolism with the lightsaber colors. I think it is odd that the ship blaster colors are the exact opposite.

I completely agree, I've never noticed before because I've always just asumed that it was symbolic. Good point!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Red Saber - Darth Vader - AWESOME dude.
    Green Saber - Luke - Whiney Farmboy Jedi.
    Red blaster cannons - X-wing - AWESOME ship.
    Green blaster cannons - TIE Fighter - Whiney.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

And don't forget starship exhausts.

X-wings, Y-wings & B-wings have red exhausts where as star destroyers have blue.

Then again, most (all?) rebel capital ships have blue exhausts as well.

I guess it means..

Small ships - red exhausts
    Big ships - blue exhausts

No, wait.. The Executor had red exhausts and it was a ~huge~ ship. Hmm.. maybe the colors mean nothing after all

Don't forget, the TIE fighter's twin ion engines are two red dots on the back of the ship.

Don't forget, the TIE fighter's twin ion engines are two red dots on the back of the ship.
    Ah, that's right! They're so small, that they're easily overlooked.

except that the naboo fighters have green blasters. (okay, this is WAY eu, but in the game rougue squadron...) i think that the green ones are more powerful than the red ones. the green ones also fire faster (naboo and tie blasters fire at about the same rate...) that's why the rebels have wimpy red ones, they can't afford the better green ones... i bet if we ever see the jedi starfighter fire, it will be green. remember, that ship is part of what will become the empire.

as for the exhaust, the super star destroyer has red engine exhaust as well... so there goes that theory...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

The ship blaster colors probably don't mean anything. I just thought it was interesting that they are exact opposite of lightsaber colors, which ARE symbolic of good and evil. At least until we see a Jedi with a red one, or a Sith/ Dark Jedi with anything but. And EU and videogames don't count.
    "Asteroids do not concern me, Lucas. I want those DVD's, not excuses."

Darthvyn-

This is the Classic Trilogy forum. No Naboo fighters.

In TPM, IIRC, the Droid Fighters has red blaster cannons, and the Naboo Fighters had green.

But then again the Naboo Fighters in TPM seemed mostly to be just for show as the X-wing of the prequels but with the eye-catchingness of Vader's TIE while the Droid Fighters were pretty cool.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"