Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There are variants, and then there are Hasbro screw-ups...

I'm getting sick of all these so called "errors". Let's get something straight, a Jango without the fireball is not a variant, but a screw up at the Hasbro factory. In my opinion it is worth less than a complete figure. Same with figures with different stickers on the package, same figure, sorry, no variant. A true variant for example would be R2-D2's two different leg figures. Two completeley different set of legs on the same figure=variant. A speck of black paint on Padme's face is not "Mole Figure Padme!" it is a Hasbro screwup, NO VARIANT. There aren't a lot of variants in this line, just seems to be a lot of Hasbro mistakes in the lines at the factory, which is pretty pathetic. But lets get it straight, factory screwups, missing weapons, no lightsaber are production errors. Actually putting 2 different sets of legs on R2, now that's cool, that is a variant. Anybody else have an opinion?

Hasbro's losing their touch; it seems to me that they're getting lazy.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

yeah, I sold my car to this guy, he was complaining about how it was missing the driver side door when I told him it was a rare variation and was worth more. I sold it to him for 10X the going rate! SUCKER!!

luke bloody hand = varient sacul whire R and black R = varient
    kit fisto brown head = screw up
    Size matters not, do or do not there is no try - YODA

white my bad
    Size matters not, do or do not there is no try - YODA

Count, I couldn't agree more. I can't believe that 'SSG' uses this cr*p as their front page news. Figures missing parts are not variations they are screw ups, that in my opinion, have NO REAL VALUE what so ever.

Not to mention the FACT that there is a very devious technique that can be used to remove bubbles with out damaging the card.
    Those same bubbles can then be cleaned and re-attatched with out any one being the wiser. It is my knowledge of this practice, that makes me warry of all so called 'variations.'

Back in 97, there was a scumbag dealer in L.A. who was making his own grey vest luke jedis. Food for thought.

People are nuts. What are you gonna do? I just laugh.

Yes, those screwups p*ss me off....Like my Dooku. He was missing the green saber! Variant? Eh...no. It sickens me.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

SSG shows the difference between "Variants" and "Errors", part of the reason we post these is to let folks know that difference between Hasbro Quality Control errors and true changes like Bespin Luke's stumps. This thing with the Jango w/out fireball is titled "HASBRO SAGA TOYS: Another Jango Fett Major Error Found!" and the author of that news post says "Franz sent in this scan of a missing fireball. What's up with these clones?", I fail to see where this is played out as a variation.

Hasbro removing the mole paint on Padme's face is a variant, it's a paint application that was removed, I had to search through Padme figures to find one that didn't have this big ugly blortch.

Hasbro changing stickers seems like an honest packaging variation to me - the packaging came one way, then another; the change was on purpose.

Look at it this way, if SSG didn't post all these errors, folks wouldn't know that Hasbro's quality control had plummeted so badly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Hasbro removing the mole paint on Padme's face is a variant, it's a paint application that was removed, I had to search through Padme figures to find one that didn't have this big ugly blortch.
    My background Padme has the "mole" on her - it looks more like a boil.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"