Hasbro should make The Ultimate 15" Chewbacca!

This came from another thread where I originally posted this, but what the hell:

Why not sew the fur into a skin-tight nylon suit, or spandex suit, which is then put on over the fully poseable hardshell body? With his head, they should root it like barbie hair and do the whole thing right.

In the end, "The Ultimate Chewbacca" would be a $50-70 piece for one figure, but I'd guess a lot of us here would say it'd be worth it. - Oh, and packed in with him would be the original removeable cartridge bandolier and bowcaster, plus the stormtrooper rifle and a "projectile firing" stormtrooper gun, his chain from Jabba's Palace, a couple of his Millennium Falcon tool kits, his goggles, some Dejerek pieces and a chess table and stool you put together, and handcuffs from Cloud City.

Check that: I'd pay $100.00 for this!

Rrraarrrarggh-wrryyyooook-araarggghrraarrrr!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That would be a great idea (and similar to the design I suggested in the "Rank the 12-inch" thread). However, unless the price was no more than $40, I don't think too many people would be willing to buy it.

tycho,

blue box toys has already made a similar figure as the chewbacca you described for their "andromeda" line of 12 inch figures. the furry guy in question has a regular action figure body with a fur type suit. it looks really cool, and isn't the bendy doll like the previous chewy figures.

here is a photo of the BBI "rev" figure:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rev.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	2355  

That's pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing. By the way, I'm sure this has been asked somewhere else, but who's that chic in your image avitar?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

it's winona ryder in the early '90's, long before her days of looting beverly hills department stores and slumming in adam sandler movies.

but vulcan touch swears it's laura flynn boyle.

That Rev Bem figure sucks, I hate the way it looks in person. Not only is the character NOT even on the show, but he's a super-cheesy costume anyway (and ALL the Magog have this cheesy costume... at least the show is fun )

I personally would rather abandon the phoney fur and just go with higher-quality sculpted plastic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but I made myself a 15" furry chewbacca using two of the chewie in chains figures, tin snips, and a sewing kit.
    I cut the feet off of the chewie with the best head, and cut the legs off the other. then, after splinting the wire togeter (I just used wire and duct tape) I sewed the fur together over the leg creating a knee joint at what used to be chewie's ankle.
    I think it looks great now, but I would be all for hasbro making a better quality figure with more accessories!

Can you post a picture? I'd like to see.

That sounds like a great concept to me Tycho. I have often considered doing just that with the existing plastic Chewie using the "skin" off of the Chewie in Chains.

If Hasbro were to produce one along the lines you have detailed above I'd be sure to pick one up.....maybe not at $100US but I'd be willing to pay a fair bit for it.
    "The answer my friend is blowing in the wind"