Who do you know that's getting sent overseas?

Do you know anyone or is anyone from here being sent overseas for this military action? The reason I'm asking is I've been thinking about it because I have two friends, one on the USS Enterprise in the Arabic Sea and another God knows where. Then today I found out my Dad is being sent to Egypt for who knows how long. So who do you know?
    Last edited by Fulit; 09-29-2001 at 08:15 PM.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

i work with a few guys in the ground infintry reserves or something, who've recentally turned up MIA from the schedual, with no direct answers coming from managment.

It's a sad sad day.
    Your signature here!

I have a friend there, heīs onboard the NAVYīs biggest ship. I donīt know the name of the ship, but I know that its the biggest. If anyone knows its name Iīd appreciate it.
    "Marge! Is there another Man in the house!? A [COLOR=darkblue]Radioactive[/COLOR] Man!?"

I think the aircraft carrier Enterprise is the largest ship in the Navy fleet.

It's named after the starship Enterprise from Star Trek.

I work 3rd and am a lead person running the Delphi o-ring section and we had a temp.to come in and start training on first and was suppose to start last night but was called up and couldn't come to work and a friend in another dept. who could be called any day now.

Fulit, my prayers to you.your dad and friends.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Re: Who do you know that's getting sent overseas?

Originally posted by Fulit
    Then today I found out my Dad is being sent to Egypt for who knows how long. So who do you know?
    What does your dad do? The reason I'm asking is that we have some civilian contractors where I work who are also going to Egypt.

bigbarada, my dad is in the Arkansas National Guard, which is why it was kind of surprising when he got the call. I didn't think they sent National Guard overseas like that, but I know little of that sort of thing. He's a cook though, so it's not like he'll be on the front lines or anything, but it's still kinda scary, you know.

Hey, and I think you're right about the Enterprise being the biggest ship in the Navy. That's the one my friend is on, he puts out planes when they come in on fire. I worry about him the most, even though he's probably on the safest ship we have.

I donīt know if being on the Enterprise is good or bad; because, I know the Enterprise is the safest ship to be in, but itīs also one of the main targets, thatīs what worries me. But overall no one is safe in a war.

I pray for everyone thatīs there.
    "Marge! Is there another Man in the house!? A [COLOR=darkblue]Radioactive[/COLOR] Man!?"

Well, I've recieved an update that the Arkansas National Guard has only been placed on alert, they're not going anywhere yet, so I just wanted to correct myself there. The way my dad talked the other day, he was on his way out the door, but perhaps it will not have to be.

I've only recieved confirmation that one of my good friends is over there right now, as he just e-mailed me earlier today. He's in the special forces so it was really no surprise. Of course, he couldn't go into exactly where he is at and what he is doing, but that's just the nature of the job.

It really stinks too, because I know he has a wife and a daughter. So I really hope things go smoothly over there. I remember our D&D sessions and the weekly Star Wars marathons while we were stationed in Korea. And if any of you have checked out the web page in my profile, he helped me create the Hrothulf and Tonkin Forebeard characters seen on that site.

Good luck over there, Bob, I hope to talk to you again soon.