Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Saga figures for $1.90 at Toys "R" Us

Hello all!

Just came back from TRU Times Square and had a remarkable experience. Clearance figures for $1.90. Here is my story:

TRU had a huge Star Wars Saga Figures isle filled with Luke Bespin, Vader, Luminara, Dex, Yoda, etc. (everything you could want). They also had a big bin off to the side with Super Battle Droids and Anakin Outland Peasants with red stickers saying "CLEARANCE $1.90" and a UPC barcode on them. I had the idea to take off the sticker and use it on one of the other figures (Luke Bespin for example). So I tried it and left it in the bin. Some guy comes over and starts looking for more Luke Bespins. He eventually buys the Luke and one of the cash register ladies rung it up no muss, no fuss. She asked one of her superiors, however, if the Luke was on clearance. So I tried this again with a Luke and Padme (w/ background w/ mole) and took it downstairs to another cash register and a different woman who never suspected a thing rung it up for the cost of $4.11 (for 2 figures). So I did it again with a Yoda and took that home for $2.06. All in all, a remarkable experience of finding the loop holes in large corporate schemes. I did this once in 1997 when TRU put out $2 off stickers that expired but still rung up on registers. Maybe some of you remember at a few Wal-Marts back then, figures were on clearance for $2 and the $2 off sticker coupon still worked so people were getting figures for free.
    http://www.streetmusicny.com

"Street Music" (Directed by JD Marlow) is a documentary short about performance in public spaces, focusing on NYC street and subway musicians. Check out my web site for more information about the film!

Wow! Congratulations on ripping off a store.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

No kidding, that makes us all look bad.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

And just so that you know, that is not considered finding the loop holes in large corporate schemes, it is considered a crime.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

Yes. Doing something like that is thievery, not being "Cool". You were very lucky you werent caught.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Gotta agree with the rest of posters so far. This is definatly not cool. It's not cool at all. Stuff like this is what causes stores to not want to order Star Wars products.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thumbs down Wow, what a name yer makin' for the whole community....

As is most obvious, I don't get on here and post a whole lot. I think this is #1, in fact. But I do look at the ocassional pictures and trends, being a semi-collector of figures. But in the short time I've been here, I've seen a disturbing trend.

It seems (and hopefully the ratio isn't as bad as I see it) that a lot, a LOT of people on here post about ripping off businesses, deals they got through dishonesty, or try to rip people off via trades. As was said before, you're making everyone look bad, those of you who do it. It makes me embarassed to think that I might be filed with the collecting community when I purchase a figure. And I know, from the replies here, that not everyone acts in the manor that the original posters do. That, at least, gives me some comfort.

Do us all a favor, at least don't post about your dishonest acts so that guests to these boards don't get the wrong ideas. You could be building a bad reputation for everyone on here, not just yourself. I've seen other communities fall to the same trap, thanks to just a handful of wrong doers.
    The Hyena has spoken.

----------------------------------
    "All guilt is relative, loyalty counts, and NEVER let your conscience be your guide." ~Sheriff Lucas Buck

That's not fair to all of us. If we pay the actual price, so should you.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

ya thats wrong u should no better, bad enough people think were geeks for collecting.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

thats pretty funny actually, when a store doesnt know how much items are suppose to be, and is stupid enough to use a seperate bar code that can be transfered.