Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up ANH TIE Fighter Pilot

Similar to my Rebel Pilots thread, I think it would be great for us to get a resculpted TIE Pilot the way they looked in the Death Star Battle of ANH. Y'know with the silver stripes on their face and the third hose coming out of the chestbox. I mainly brought this up because of the desperate need for Hasbro to resculpt the POTF2 TIE Pilot, and this is the way to do it without just making the exact same figure. We need one who is more proportionate to the characters in the movie and isn't built like Mr. Universe. Plus give him a more accurate helmet, since the POTF2 one is way off, it's sculpted more like a face than a helmet. Detail on the uniform should be as high quality as the POTJ X-Wing Luke and Imperial Officer uniforms (in fact the Imperial Officer uniform IS the TIE Pilot uniform, without the chestplate/box and helmet)

Other features, bending knees like the Saga Clonetrooper and Luke Bespin, a stationary chestbox with soft plastic tubes connecting it to the helmet. Arm articulation similar to the Imperial Officer but not at a 90 degree angle, because that limits what he can do outside of the TIE.

As for accessories, how about a correct-scale TIE Fighter? Okay that's a stretch but would be nice. You could probably pack him with another black astromech droid since the POTJ version was so hard to find in some areas, or some random piece of Death Star equipment or storage boxes for the diorama builders. I'm not really worried about the accessories as long as you get the figure right. Oh yeah, don't get too movie accurate and pack him without a blaster though, he needs something to defend himself on those hostile alien worlds.

Anybody else interested in seeing this figure resculpted?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm all for it BigB. I think we will get one in a year or so, most likely. They re-sculpted the POTF2 StormTrooper, Biker Scout, and Sandtrooper so far. So all that they still need to redo is a SnowTrooper, Death Star Trooper, and TIE Pilot. Hasbro can make the SnowTrooper Commander ane the TIE Pilot as you suggested and that should make people happy.

Well, Hasbro has been kicking around a properly scaled FX sized TIE-Fighter. So hopefully that will turn up next year, even if it's as an exclusive. Hasbro did a great job totally re-sculpting the Landspeeder, so they will do it if there is a demand. Alot of people were asking for a more accurate LandSpeeder, so that need is met. Now bring on the TIE Fighter.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

An correct-scale TIE Fighter? Did I read that correctly? Is one of my dreams finally coming true? That would be incredible! I'd gladly buy two of them!!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Hasbro is finally dumping all those old molds in the trash? oh happy Day!

PS Hasbro. Sith Infiltrator. Thanks.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

One thing that would be a definite plus on a new TIE Pilot would be a removeable helmet - He could have a ninja-like mask over his head which could be considered part of his fire-suit and also to keep his face a mystery. Just would be a cool feature...

An engineering console with him would be sweet though, with some smaller tools. No need for new tools though, just reuse the ones that came with the Hyperdrive repair kit, they were pretty cool, and only 1-2 tools are needed.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't buy the vehicles but if it was a corrected Tie Fighter then I'd be all over that. I'd be in line right behind you bigbarada. I'd just need to figure out how much weight this apartments ceiling could support. <glances up>
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

A new to-scale TIE fighter? Ahhh.. wouldn't that be sah-weet? I haven't purchased a vehicle since I bought a vintage Slave I back in '80 ('81-2?). But I'd ~definitely~ buy a more accurately scaled TIE fighter.

Oh, and I'd love to see a more accurately detailed TIE pilot too. The vintage TIE pilot was one of my faves. And even though the POTF2 version is much better.. it still leaves a lot to be desired.

Tie pilot removable helmet, bending knees, arms and possibly a holster for his gun. That would make mine perfect. I also like BigB's idea for possibly a droid as an accessory, can't have enough droids.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

if a new tie fighter pilot comes out, i'm for it!

I would like to see a new pilot to with a removeable helmet.

A correct scale tie would be big,I'm for it.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."