Toys R Us Savers' Program

I've seen the sign in the store many times and ignored it, but something in an e-mail I got this morning made me take a second look.

Basically, put money (no minimum, $2500 maximum) on what sounds similar to a TRU giftcard anytime in the year prior to October 16, don't touch the money until the end of the October, and they add 3% to it, up to $75 (regardless of when the money was put in the account).

This might not be the smartest way to save over the course of a year; 3% is a decent return, but it's restricted to TRU. However, I'm thinking that adding money to a new account during October, which doesn't appear to be against their rules, and getting a 3% bonus in less than four weeks is a much sweeter deal. (If I'm figuring correctly, that'd be sort of like a 36% APY. Sure, it can only be used at TRU, but that's a caveat most of us here could live with over such a short term.)

Next time I'm in town, I'm going to check it out and see if there's some catch they're leaving out on their website FAQ.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Interesting.....I wonder if they are going for people who are scaling back their gift giving for the holidays. If you plan on spending a set amount, all or most of it toys, might be worth it to some. Even to just cover part of the tax.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!