Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb jango final battle/kamino escape custom/swapout consultation

howdy you figure nutheads
    i just scored the fb jango, & i've had the kamino jango for a while. i've not opened either yet, however, in case the price Continues to drop & i can return em & save a purty penny meanwhile, i got a idea while lookin at em thru their bubbles:
    fb hango's right forearm is most accurate and ke hango's left is most accurate. meanwhile, fb's left forearm is most "playable", what with its fireball launcher & all, and ke jango's right is most playable, with its grappler.
    anyhoo my idear is, i think it'd be cool if i could consolidate the most playable and most accurate features on each figure. i'd swap out left forearms, thereby yielding an fb jango that didn't have popeye-lookin forearms meanwhile, ke jango would get both the fireballer And the grappler (& also workin holsters and rocketpak), whose functions i may even devise a way to combine (i.e. a Shooting grappler, courtesy the spring in the left wrist i might have to sacrifice the fireball to do this but i prolly won't care cuz i think the fireball looks dumb anyway ).
    since i haven't opened mines yet, i was hopin maybe one of you gutsy figure customizers/experimenters could tell me: are their left forearms interchangeable? will their "elbow joints" separate without bein damaged and, once that's done, are they compatible w/the other figure's socket?
    eagerly awaiting y'alls expertise or opinions
    mm nuthead vt

On KE Jango you'd have no problems at all, nor for FB Jango's right arm.
    But FB Jango's left arm is straight, one solid mass. You'd have to break it to take a part off.

Lightbulb ah yes de, you're right of course; my mistake

after posting above mssg i gotta closer look at fb hango's left arm & saw its single-piece structure
    ok, thus my quextion becomes: can their right forearms be easily swapped out?
    for that matter, can their Entire left arms be easily swapped out?
    thanx agin
    vt

Well if you pull hard enough anything will pop out.

Boil the figure in hot water and it will be very easy to remove the
    (fore)arms.

Talking that's what She said last Night- OHHHH!

(oops, better be careful anyone wanna know what my harmless original joke was email & i'll lyk )
    boilin eh? that's a good idear, thanx i wonder if it'd work on the whole arm at the shoulder-joint? seems unlikely.

I was going to say, why don't you just swap the entire arms? And shouldn't this be in the customizing forum?

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Smile swap the entire arm? you can Do that? how?

there's a customizing forum? well whadyaknow, i learn somethin new evvyday but would something as unelaborate as this qualify as customizing? if i posted there wouldn't they Laugh at me for botherin such accomplished customizers with such a simple thing? (maybe they'd tease me by saying "hey vt, why doncha ask us about swapping Guns between figures and call That customizing?" )
    vt

Re: swap the entire arm? you can Do that? how?

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    there's a customizing forum? well whadyaknow, i learn somethin new evvyday but would something as unelaborate as this qualify as customizing? if i posted there wouldn't they Laugh at me for botherin such accomplished customizers with such a simple thing? (maybe they'd tease me by saying "hey vt, why doncha ask us about swapping Guns between figures and call That customizing?" )
    vt
    Heh, well I posted in the customizing forum asking for advice on doing a couple of headswaps (as I had never done anything of the sort before) so that I could make a custom Luke and Han in stormtrooper disguise. No one ridiculed me at least, although I didn't get a heck of a lot of responses.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Yeah VT, it's call the boil & pop method. You boil the figures (or soften them up another way - like with a hairdryer, they have to get soft) in those areas and you pop the arms out and then pop them into the torsos.

Check out http://www.ffurg.com for more info on this, it's the best place I think you can go for this.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Talking ltb: "VT, it's call the boil & pop method"

-hey, that's what what She called it last night- OHHHHHHH!! :happy:
    thanx for suggestions DUDES (i hate that expression ), it's nice to get idears guess i'll wait til i open em & have a good look at both until i decide whether i'm gonna swap their left arms or their right forearms. meanwhile, if anyone else gives this a try lmk how it goes
    vt