Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Small update for you fans of the original theatrical edition of STII, that worry that the new director's cut will mean that the original version is lost forever. This update from DVDFile.com:

And in Star Trek news, Paramount will not be discontinuing the current DVD of edition of The Wrath of Khan - the only way to get the original theatrical version of the film - to make way for the upcoming two-disc special edition, which includes a new extended cut of the film. Both will remain on the market, so you can take your pick...

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    I wonder if this will lower sales on the Nemesis DVD by people just waiting for the S.E. edition.
    Probably not LTBasker. I'm guessing that Paramount will simply release Nemesis as a full featured Special Edition when it comes out, so that it will complement the new ST DVDs.

The ONLY ST DVD that I have been tempted to buy time and time again is Star Trek : First Contact. Seeing that one playing on an HDTV at a home theatre store was one of the things that finally convinced me to upgrade my TV so I could get a better picture from my DVDs; it was BEAUTIFUL.

But I just won't give Paramount the ridiculous amount of monet they want for their current, barely adequite ST DVDs! Even at Best Buy, First Contact is $25, which is ludicrous for a barebones DVD, even if the picture is great.

So I'm just gonna sit and wait until they get around to doing the Special Edition of it... *twiddles thumbs*
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

But the battle at the beginning against the Borg is soooooo cool. That's worth the money, all by itself!!! I really enjoy that movie. I'm not huge on Star Trek, but I love that battle, and the idea of the first warp jump by humans is cool.

Well, I already shelled out $20 for Wrath of Khan, but I think I will pick this up anyway. It is my fave Trek movie, and also the darkest original cast film by far.

For all you Next Gen folks- try Wrath of Khan!
    The plot is quite intriguing.
    The score by Horner is solid compared to the recent crap.
    It is actually a character driven film (a rarity)
    see the first computer animated sequence in movies
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

JON, I've never ever met one TNG fan who didn't like ST2, but I'll recommend this film to ANYBODY... it's that good.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    JON, I've never ever met one TNG fan who didn't like ST2, but I'll recommend this film to ANYBODY... it's that good.
    Gotta agree with JT on this one. If you are wanting to show a Star Trek movie to anyone that has never seen one before, start with Star Trek II. Star Trek IV is a really good one also. Star Trek: The Motion Picture has way to much technobabble. Though the D.C. sure improved the movie.

Avoid showing them Star Trek V at all costs, tell them that one isn't even out on video yet. Hopefully in 3 years when the Director's Cut comes out, Shatner or somone can salvage that film. Have ILM finish those scenes that were cut, and try to make the picture decent. I don't know though, it's such a horrible film, I wonder if there really is anyway to fix it.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

As good as STII is, Star Trek V is that bad. I find it highly unlikely that Shatner or anyone else could save that puppy. I don't really think it was bad direction so much as script problems: story feeling contrived, the lack of a decent antagonist, and awful humor. Bad effects too.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I started my two youngest kids (7 & 11) on STII, III, then I, in that order this summer. I thought that was the best way to get them into TOS-based films, as they've only seen TNG tv series episodes before that. I doubt I'll bother showing them Spock's brother or the voyage home, and I think the newer TNG-based films are too intense for my 7-yr. old. I honestly don't remember The Undiscovered Country, though I'm sure I saw it. May have to rent theat one & watch it with the kids.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Originally posted by SWAFMAN
    I started my two youngest kids (7 & 11) on STII, III, then I, in that order this summer. I thought that was the best way to get them into TOS-based films, as they've only seen TNG tv series episodes before that. I doubt I'll bother showing them Spock's brother or the voyage home, and I think the newer TNG-based films are too intense for my 7-yr. old. I honestly don't remember The Undiscovered Country, though I'm sure I saw it. May have to rent theat one & watch it with the kids.
    Star Trek VI is very good, it's right up there with II and IV. It still strikes me as weird how all the even numbered films are really good, and the odd numbered ones are pretty craptaculer. But I think that is about to come to an end. Star Trek: Nemisis sounds like it's going to be terrible, and it's an even numbered film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Its just my humble opinion but come on Star Trek, in a Star Wars forum.
    The Truth Is Out There - Please Insert Disk 1

-Yeah, shes mine