Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan D.E. DVD

Since we kind of got off on a tangent of talking about the STII DVD in the Nemisis thread, I decided to start a new thread dedicated to the upcoming STII DVD release. First off here are specs and cover-art for the upcoming DVD.

Fans will soon be able to experience a whole new dimension of one of the most beloved Star Trek cinema classics. Paramount Home Entertainment plans to release "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan — The Director's Edition" on DVD August 6, featuring a new cut of the movie and over four hours of bonus material.

In addition to the expanded 116-minute cut of the film by director Nicholas Meyer, the two-disc DVD set is packed with extras covering every conceivable aspect of the film. Contents are as follows:

Disc 1: Includes the expanded cut of the film, commentary by Meyer and text commentary by Trek encyclopedia co-author Michael Okuda.

Disc 2: Features the theatrical trailer, storyboard archives, and a wealth of bonus material:

— The Captain's Log: All-new interviews with Meyer, stars William Shatner ("James T. Kirk"), Leonard Nimoy ("Spock"), Ricardo Montalban ("Khan Noonien Singh") and writer/executive producer Harve Bennett.

— Designing Khan: Features comparisons of Star Trek I and Star Trek II. Includes interviews with Meyer, Bennett, graphic designer Lee Cole, costume designer Robert Fletcher, production designer Joe Jennings, and more.

— The Visual Effects of "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan": Highlights the ILM visual effects designers.

— Original interviews from 1982: Featuring Shatner, Nimoy, Montalban and DeForest Kelley ("Leonard H. McCoy").

— The Star Trek Universe — A Novel Approach by Authors Julia Ecklar and Greg Cox: Interviews with Trek novelists Ecklar ("The Kobayashi Maru") and Cox ("The Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh").

The DVD of "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan — The Director's Edition" is presented in widescreen format enhanced for 16:9 televisions. The audio is presented in Dolby Digital English 5.1, English Dolby surround and French stereo. The DVD is subtitled and close-captioned. The DVD's list price is $24.99 in the U.S. and C$32.99 in Canada.

It is rated PG in the U.S. by the Motion Picture Association of America for violence and language and PG in Canada. It is encoded with the Macrovision™ AntiCopy process.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	khan dvd box.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	2385  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Should be pretty interesting JJB's, if your a Trek fan. I am sort of, but my loyalty will remain with S.W. for life. Nothing has captured my attention for so long except my Son.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Originally posted by brandon
    Should be pretty interesting JJB's, if your a Trek fan. I am sort of, but my loyalty will remain with S.W. for life. Nothing has captured my attention for so long except my Son.
    Oh I prefer Star Wars too, but I will watch Trek. And I am a DVD addict, so anything good that comes out usually demands a purchase. I thought it was bad being addicted to Star Wars figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'm a Star Wars and Star Trek fan.

I can't wait for this DVD, too bad it's gonna be only 1 ST DVD per year.

I wonder if this will lower sales on the Nemesis DVD by people just waiting for the S.E. edition.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I hear ya on being a DVD addict cause I'm one of those guys too.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Thankfully I didn't fall into the trap of buying all the ST movies. I figured out what they were up to on ST VI:TUC. After that they announced the 2-disc Spec Ed of ST:TMP and I said to myself "they are going to do that to ALL of them!" So I stopped buying them.

Why are you complaining about one Trek film a year, when you SHOULD be complaining about EVERY season of TNG coming out in ONE year. My god, are we made of money Paramount?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I will definitely look for this one when it comes out. Hopefully someone will post a rip of it on morpheus or elsewhere so I can d/l it for free otherwise, I'll rent it.

Khan is my favorite ST movie, to date. The writing and acting are so over the top in some scenes that it's hilarious, but it somehow manages to work in this move, making it exciting instead of just a joke.
    The "chewing the scenery" death scenes of Khan and his first officer, and soon thereafter, Spock, are my favorite parts.

"From Hell's heart I stab at thee!"... Damn, it doesn't get much better than that.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Yes it does...

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Haha, like JarJar Binks I am also a DVD addict. I'm a sucker for impressive looking cases and extra features. Star Wars is my baby, but I do have a special liking of Star Trek The Original Series. But ONLY the Original Series. I'm really looking forward to this DVD, "Khan" is my favorite of the Trek films.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'm a little disapointed that the planned Shatner/Nimoy audio commentary that was hyped up and talked about on various DVD sites isn't here. Shatner and Nimoy even said that they were going to start doing them, on the DVD that Shatner produced, "Mind Meld".

Oh well, maybe they will be able to secure them both for Star Trek III, since it's Nimoy's motion picture directoral debut. Nimoy has said though, don't expect an expanded director's cut of III or IV though. The movies that were at the theaters, are his director's cut.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks