Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More correct B-wing, please?

At some point in time, could you resculpt the B-wing? The "POTJ" B-wing, was big, bulky, over-priced, and a nasty TARGET exlusive.

In the picture attached below which shows the correct scale of the B-wing compared to the X-wing and Y-wing. This thing wouldn't be hard to resculpt and make it to scale - it's scrawnier than the A-wing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b-wingcomparison.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	2395  
    Last edited by LTBasker; 06-24-2002 at 03:02 PM.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Where is the B-Wing in the pic? All I see is the X-Wings, A-Wings, Y-Wing, M. Falcon, and the Shuttle.

I never noticed how big the Imperial Shuttle was compared to the Falcon before. I should pay more attention.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

ya i never noticed the size of shuttle either but where is teh b-wing.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

I updated the pic so the B-wing in it is now circled. For those who already viewed the pic, you'll need to click refresh because the original image is still in your cache most likely.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Yeah, sounds like a good idea to me LTBasker. Be nice if they could get something right for a change. It's like hit and miss all the time.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Hate to be the one to break it to you LT, but that's not a B-Wing you have circled. I have the Art of ROTJ book in front of me and I am looking at a two-page spread of that matte painting. What you are seeing there is a scafolding sitting behind two A-Wings.

According to the size chart in the Star Wars Chronicles book, the B-Wing is about as long as the Millenium Falcon is wide and the cockpit assembly is only slightly smaller than an entire A-Wing fighter. From front to back, though, the B-Wing cockpit-pod looks to actually be longer than the entire A-Wing!

So done correctly and to scale, you would be looking at a B-Wing fighter that is longer than the Ep1 Queen's Starship! While that would be nice, it is somewhat unlikely.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

BigB is right. While it would be nice to have everything perfectly in scale, it's not somthing that is gonna happen. The figures would have to be 1 3/4" figures, to make it feasible costwise. But a more properly scaled and detailed TIE Fighter is somthing that needs to be done, and could be done without hurting scale to much. Just look at the Power FX/Saga X-wing for proof.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ah, k. Somehow I always saw it when I watched ROTJ, guess my eyes just decieve over and over. It's a shame it's not really the B-wing, it would've been nice to have at least one Rebel ship to 3 3/4" scale.

"LTBasker lost a B-wing... how embarasing."

Originally posted by LTBasker
    It's a shame it's not really the B-wing, it would've been nice to have at least one Rebel ship to 3 3/4" scale.
    What's the A-wing, chopped liver? The A-wing seems in scale to me. I'd say the Snowspeeder was too, but it's actually too BIG.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nah, it's just the B-wing has much more to it than the A-wing with it's folding wings and turning cockpit, and it just needs a new mold - compare the '95 X-wing to the upcoming Saga X-wing.