Classic Trilogy music in adverts

Once again, the prequels are using "signature" music from the classic trilogy in their latest TV advertisements. I don't get this, if LFL knows that the signature music from the CT attracts the moviegoers and brings a sense of familiarity and excitement to the audience, why wasn't there more of this signature music in either Ep 1 or 2? That alone would make it feel more like a SW film to most folks, heck, even Star Tours uses signature music to draw you into that world and it's just a 3 minute attraction.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What advertisements is OT music in?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I've not noticed any OT music in the adverts but it's in all of the trailors, with the exeption of Dual Of The Fates. I think it's not in the films yet because each peace of music is is composed to go with a person or setting, like Luke, The Empire, Liea, The Ewoks. In EpII we get a little bit of the Imperial March when we see the Clone Troopers because they are the early Storm Troopers. And dual of the fates from EpI is in there for a few seconds or so because it is neutural and not asociated with a particular charactor. It's used in the trailers and comercials so that people recognise the music and pay more attention.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

It's in some of the "character" adverts, the early ones, and it's definitely in the more current ones that are just standard ads.

Jek, I understand what you're saying, but in ANH, Williams used Leia's theme when Obi-Wan died because it worked there even though it wasn't about Leia. The "building" thing would work better if this were a classroom, but this is still a movie and the audience can often react strongly to CT music. Luke's theme is the main theme of the CT, but it's not just when Luke's on screen, you also hear it when something big and exciting comes down. Obi-Wan's theme is heard whenever the Force comes into play.

I dunno, I just gotta wonder why it's such a staunch resistance on Lucas' part to use already-proven music for these films to better familiarize the audience with.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I dunno, I just gotta wonder why it's such a staunch resistance on Lucas' part to use already-proven music for these films to better familiarize the audience with.
    More stuff to get royalties for.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Oh, I thought you meant OT music in car commercials and such.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Ah, I guess it could be a bit hard to miss: "the prequels are using "signature" music from the classic trilogy in their latest TV advertisements.", the "their" in there is referring to the prequels.

Basker, wouldn't the royalties of the original music go up if more of the audience had been acclimated with it? (Or - isn't Lucas rich enough yet?!? )

Yeah, they would, but with more people might be interested in using the other music that wouldn't use the OT's music, plus those that use the OT's music, might even sample the other music and want to use that also.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"