Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truthfully...

Truthfully...

Okay, let's say you aren't a scalper. You already have one of a certain action figure. Alright, you spot a figure variation at a Wal-Mart that you know is worth 450 dollars, but he is the last one left. Would you:

(A) Buy it and keep it in the package.
    (B) Buy it and open it as an extra.
    (C) Sell it
    (D) Leave it
    Andy Smith

Well... It depends.

If the figure is quite hard to find, and I've got only one of the figure in total, which is also the same version as the figure, I would buy it an open the less mint one.

If it didn't really interest me though, and I already had the other versions of the figures, I would probably leave or buy it if it wasn't expensive and keep it packaged.

Either way though, I would never go with C, if I don't want it - I ain't gonna buy it, unless it's for trading purposes or a gift.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't have very much faith in people, so the chance of me pawning a "valuable" chunk of plastic to a complete stranger is pretty slim.

I don't need the money, and if something occurred where I did, I have plenty of items of real value to part with. It's that simple.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I'd buy it and sell it to someone who really really wanted that variation for cost plus shipping just to make their day

billy
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

I open ~all~ my figures, however if I were to run across a figure that I knew for certain was worth a lot of money, I'd probably buy it and keep it on the card. Not because I'd want to sell it (however IF the situation arose, I just might) but I think it'd be kinda neat having such a rare figure to display on a card.

E.) Buy it and trade it for somthing I do need, with someone that is intrested in so called "variations".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

If I knew I could get 450 dollars for it, I would sell it in a heartbeat. Unless my best friend needed it, but I am confident that he would want to sell it. I am too hard up on money lately not to take advantage of it. Buying a house, car, surgery. 450$? No brainer in my opinion.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I buy and trade it for something I wanted, it would not matter if the other figure was worth less. Equal trade.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I'm broke. I'd buy it and sell it. If I wasn't broke, I'd buy it and keep it in it's package.

i usually keep all my figures in the cards unless i buy 2 of the same figure then i take one out but ya it depends if the figure is on my wnat list then sure but if not then it stays on the pegs haha
    "Not again! Obi-Wan's gonna kill me!"-Anakin Skywalker