Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeesh, that Away Team Phlox really has some pounds cut off of him cause I'm pretty sure him and Hoshi wouldn't even have close to the same hips.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'm really looking forward to these figures. The deluxe bridge versions wil probably be the only ones I pick up because, hey, instant diorama.

AA really did a hell of a job on their Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon figures, so I'm expecting a lot from these.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

We'll be seeing the first assortment in August. The deluxe figures will be released much more slowly than the basics! http://www.figures.com/databases/act...how_article=66

Here's a pic of Archer sitting, looks pretty dandy: http://www.figures.com/databases/act...how_article=67
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

*points JT up 3 posts to the same links, and many more*

They do look really nice though, I will give them that. I may pick up the EU-ish Borg figures. I always had a soft spot for the Borg. And the lego-ish mini-figures are pretty cool also.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I dunno, Archer looks kinda... blocky.

Will the regular figures be the same as the Deluxe figures, or will there be significant differences?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It's the knees. The likeness is good, the style is good. The problem is the knees. They have that big >/ gap when they're bent. I don't know if I illustrated that well with text letters, but you know what I mean. Some figures show more than others. Archer looks like something ate his knees. Imagine a side view!

Yeah. Now that's what I'm talking about.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    I dunno, Archer looks kinda... blocky.
    Well one of the problems is that Art Asylum likes to use a very soft type of rubber for certain parts of the clothing. They only use it in certain places and it looks really fantastic when it's done right.

It looks like they are using that on the Star Fleet uniform from the waist down to the knee which looks pretty good standing up, but in the pic of Archer sitting down it folds up kinda funny and looks odd.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Will the regular figures be the same as the Deluxe figures, or will there be significant differences? .
    I really hope there will be some differences but most likely they will be very small if there are any at all. The only difference I know of from the Crouching Tiger line was the the Basic version of the Jen Yu, her mask was removable, but in the Deluxe version, it was not.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Sorry JJB, I didn't see it when I posted.

I personally hate the Mini-Mates, this concept is getting so stale so fast IMO. Only Kubrick and Stikfas have any real reason to survive in this market - Kubrick is the original and has the most creative designs usually, and Stikfas isn't exactly the same thing but has a great "blank" figure.

As for the EU Borg, bleagh - I have so little interest in that line.

The knees do indeed look gappy, but I'm just as concerned about the rubbery lower-torso/crotch cover giving way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I might buy the EU Borg if and only if they come out with a line of Voyager or TNG figures for them to look cool fighting.

I like doing dioramas with the toys I buy, so some different Borg would be cool.

As it stands I have several scenes with my Playmates 5 3/4" figures:

A Borg collective led by the Queen and Locutus (I think Seven of Nine is in there, too).

A "normal" Seven of Nine infiltrating a collective (of 2 drones - but hey, it's a small scene."

The Borg getting knocked aside by Species 8472 as it attacks Harry Kim (pretty much just added a Borg to the cinema scene and augmented Harry's weapons so he's firing wildly as he's struck unexpectedly.

I intended to go what (?) 7" only with Enterprise and Deep Space Nine. The latter because it's my favorite Trek show and the former because it's the only way to get the figures of Archer's crew.

My preference for Star Trek shows / crews are:

Deep Space Nine (best show for major war and epic legacy!)

Voyager (favorite crew for Tom Paris, Harry Kim, Tuvok, B'lanna)

Classic Star Trek (best captain ever! Go Kirk! Kill the Klingons and get the babes!)

The Next Generation (Worf had to start somewhere; but Picard is admirable)

Enterprise (wake me when it's over. But Trip and Reed are getting fun; Mayweather can get interesting)

Sometimes I like Enterprise better than Next Generation. In my opinion, everything was too sterile and peaceful and easy for the Federation in TNG. The best episodes were on the dark side of the Borg, Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, and Ferengi.

And to say that Deep Space Nine did it better is an understatement when they had covert agents tricking Starfleet officers into involving themselves in assasinations and conspiracies to break treaties and conduct black ops tactical missions where characters did not always come out morally intact! But that always seemed more real to me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I hear AA is also doing a Nemesis wave with Picard, Data, Shinzon and the Reman Viceroy, which is my most desired wave.

Tycho,

I agree that DS9 was the best ST show. As for Enterprise, I saw Broken Bow and I really liked it, but missed the rest of the season. I did catch the finale and thought it was excellent.

Here's hoping for a DS9 wave with:
    Sisko (6th-7th season uniforms)
    Worf (6th-7th season uniforms)
    Major Kira
    Odo
    Gul Dukat
    Jem Hadar (maybe the one Worf takes on when he was held prisoner)

LT,

Is there a reason why you use the term "Klingot" instead of "Klingon"? Just curious.