Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

25th Anniversary R2-D2?

Found this pic... it's a metallized version like the Toy Fair Vader. RS says it's "rumored" to be a TRU exclusive - boy, I won't have any trouble finding THIS figure, if that's the case.

Seems like Hasbro would use this fig as something a bit more special than just a store exclusive though...you know, like something to be given out at a convention, or something like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25th_r2.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	2406  

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

well it looks kind a cool, in a strange way but still ok

it's too crome for my taste...but i would buy it if i could..
    peace
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

It is probably a fake. Some of those customizers are pretty slick.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Rogue II
    It is probably a fake. Some of those customizers are pretty slick.
    Good call, perhaps it is a fake. Given the way that RS tends to haphazardly post rumors as "news", that could be the case. Still, I wonder....

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

i think it is a fake....it just doesn't look like the r2 i know....
    peace
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
    The photo looks altered to me...
    Nah, there doesn't appear to be any Photoshoppery going on in the image. If it's fake, it's just a painted R2 on a custom card. I'd buy one of these if it were real and the price were right, though.

We got the picture from the same source and it's a very good source so I don't think it is fake.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I think the picture is real. I am in college for video and graphic editing/design. There is the possibility of it being a custom figure yes, but I think and hope its the real deal, but I'd rather not have to pay as much as I did for the Vader.
    Anakin - "Do you call this a diplomatic solution?"
    Padme - "I call it aggressive negotiations!"