Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    hehe, such drama
    Well, being that I do need an xwing, and a gunship, plus I still need to get reek (shelf warmer from hades) I will take my minimum through the line, get my r2, and have my girlfriend take a 2nd "minimum purchase" through, and get another one.
    Its cool looking, it's also somewhat of a waste, and no way will I be going out of my mind for one. Perhaps if the guy ahead of me gets the last one, I might knock him out cold and take it.. but we'll have to see on that
    Fig's I need: MOMC
    *Masters Of The Universe
    - Merman, Man at Arms, bs skeletor, bs heman (gold and silver)
    *Justice League
    - black Batman, black Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian ManHunter
    (email me enigmatrc@hotmail.com with MotU/JL in the subject. thanks!)

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    So is this R2 going to be articulated, including a retractable third leg?
    No on the retractable 3rd leg, they're using the POTJ Naboo R2-D2 body, the one with the wheels - no articulated ankles either. It should be articulated at both "hips" and at the dome and that's it, unless you count the rolling wheels (which I doubt ).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think I may end up with more 25th Anniv R2's than I actually want if I get the fleet of X-wings that I want. Good trade fodder, can't wait to get it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Talking It's the NOVELTY baby....it's just fun!

I just want one for the sheer coolness factor. Just like the TF Vader. It's all about the novelty baby. It's just plain fun!

I'm not going to beat myself, or anyone else, on the head if I don't happen to get one. Besides that's why I visit SW boards, to make friends that can help out with things like this.
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

It's funny how your opinion can change. I started off hating the very notion of this droid and then I saw some light and realised how it could be useful in certain scenarios. Now I find myself having placed a pre-order for the thing. I know I ranbled on about how it should be free and all but since the other day i got to thinking about how cool it would look stood next to my TC-14 and I thought that maybe the UK might not get any at TRU or they might not get many and i thought well, it's just the same cost to me as a deluxe figure.....
    And of course if TRU UK do get them in I'll go buy some army builders or a vehicle or something and get the free one too. I've done a complete turnaround on my opinion here but I'm man enought to admit defeat on this.
    I still think the metallised vader sucks though.

I agree with you there, Jargo. The chromed R2-D2 can be used just as a regular R2 unit. I am sure that if they have silver and gold 3PO units in the Star Wars universe, that it's possible for there to be silver and gold astromechs also. Good idea of putting him next to TC-14.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm thinking of making an attachment for mine like the drinks tray R2 had in Jabba's sail barge.

Also, I was just thinking today as I walked my dog, how cool a gold R2 would be. Even if it just had a gold dome and gold paint details but a regular plastic body.

Does anyone know a release date?

Does anyone know a release date?, I have called the 3 TRU in my area and they all say that they know nothing about this promotion. Thanks for any help

Re: Does anyone know a release date?

Originally posted by RaptorMCSE
    Does anyone know a release date?, I have called the 3 TRU in my area and they all say that they know nothing about this promotion. Thanks for any help
    Read back a couple pages. But to answer your question, Rebelscum is reporting that TRU plans to have the promotion occur in October.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...760#post146760

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Silver Anni. R2-D2

The main page posted that one was found in Spain. The guy said it cost $23.99 (or something) Euros. I thought this was a freebie if you spent 30 or 40 bucks. Hmmmmm....