Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Maybe they don't allow freebies like that in Spain, who knows. As far as I know the plans for the US still say that you get it with a $20-$40 purchase of Hasbro Star Wars product. I think they should offer it with the DVD on Nov. 12, but things arn't set in stone yet for the Silver R2-D2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Here we go again. A thread about a subject that already has a thread. I'm sure this one and the other will soon meet and merge into one mighty thread.

As for the topic, I guess we'll have to wait until they show up in the states.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Tru R2 D2???

Anyone else heard that if you reserve a copy of EP2 from TRU you get the Silver TRU R2 exclusive?????
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

I thought that was BS.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I haven't heard that. It does sound like BS.
    Powdered Toast Man!

If the timeline of AOTC's release and the R2 promotional coincide, then you could use that as part of the purchase value. But reserves are usually only a quarter of the cost, so that alone wouldn't secure it.

But I've seen stranger things. I figure we'll see a list of qualifying merchandise before the promotional begins, and that will settle the issue.

The cashier at TRU told me he was sure it was the R2....I'll give him hell if thats not true.

From what he said you get it when you come to pick up your copy of EP2. I'm not to happy with my TRU anyway so they better live up to what they say.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Strange TRU silver R2 news

After asking a Manager at TRU about the Silver R2, he told me today that they got them in, but they gave them all away! I asked when and he said last week somtime. Either he's a moron, or I'm crazy. Before I said R2, he said oh the Silver little guy,so he knew what I meant. I hope he's full of BS!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Hey Turbo, maybe they all went out the back door to his scalper friends. I have a feeling with this figure this will be happening. Can any TRU employees give us a heads up on this promo??????
    Anakin: "Where are you going Master?"
    Obi-Wan: "To get a drink!! A Molson XXX!!"

Maybe next we'll see a metallized Slave Leia. Sexy...

Or a chrome Jango Fett would make a nice display piece.

Or a chrome Muftak for the top of my Christmas tree.