Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    It's a kick in the teeth every time for the faithful global collectors. Our money is just as good as anyone's so why insult us like this? Either hasbro starts shipping globally or stops with the exclusives.
    Maybe Hasbro are biggots and this is their way of showing it. Or they're just too cheap to care about people and just care about money - like all other big companies.

I haven't seen one of those "We really DO care!" things in awhile on SW packages...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hasbro(starWars), Jakks pacific(WWE), Wizkids(heroclix), have been making the same toy over and over and over, Maybe a Diffrent accesory here, diffrent paintjob there, I think it's cheap for hasbro, because figures can cost $40,000, plus you have to pay the sculpters. Now step in Hasbro's shoes, See what im saying?

Originally posted by heroclixplayer
    Hasbro(starWars), Jakks pacific(WWE), Wizkids(heroclix), have been making the same toy over and over and over, Maybe a Diffrent accesory here, diffrent paintjob there, I think it's cheap for hasbro, because figures can cost $40,000, plus you have to pay the sculpters. Now step in Hasbro's shoes, See what im saying?
    Hasbro normally doesn't just include a new accessory or different paintjob on their figures. The only times that they do stuff like that, is for the occassional exclusive, or army builder variations like on the E1 Battle Droids, POTJ Scout Troopers and upcoming Saga ERS head varient. 99% of the time, for the basic figure line they don't do what you just said. And what figure costs $40,000, or are you refering to a cost for Hasbro to design, sculpt, and produce molds for a figure?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Not exactly Hasbro, i was reading my toyfare and it said thats how much it is to make one

Considering it only costs Wal-Mart $4 per figure, I doubt they'd be that low if they were $40,000 to make.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

First off, why did they choose POTJ Naboo R2-D2 w/ permanently angled ankles and non-retractable 3rd leg over CTC R2-D2 w/ Holo Leia? I mean, I personally think very highly of POTJ R2 w/ wheels, it's a nice dome and a fairly cool figure, but come ON! The demand for that CTC R2 is way higher, most collectors seem to think of that as the R2-D2 figure... wait, I just thought of a good reason, POTJ R2 would be much easier to chrome since it has less pieces and less open hollows AND is a good sculpt. Ok, well I'll be glad if I get my mitts on this.

As for the bubble, I'm pretty sure it is a standard "form-fitting" Hasbro-style bubble and tray, but the bubble appears to have been accidentally mashed slightly which makes it look weird in the photo.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, d@mn the politics of it all. There are loads of guys and girls on these forums crying out for R2 units. Providing we Brits get access I think it'll be great to have a chrome R2 unit. It's naother colour to add to the astromech rainbow.
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Okay, my ire has subsided and I'm calm again. I like the idea of a 'posh' R2 unit that can be used for senate scenes like TC-14 can with the lovely chrome finish. I agree with JT that there are superior R2' sculpts they could have used. I really don't want to have to pay anything to get one considering it's a giveaway. 15,000 will just about cover some of the States really won't it. So where are the rest for the European marketplace and the Australian marketplace and Asia and Mexico and Africa and....... Seems a little shallow of hasbro to think 15,000 will do all the collectors around the globe.
    I could see hasbro UK getting hold of maybe a thousand pieces for distribution which will immediately go to scalper stores who will charge innordinate amounts for them. I can't really see TRU UK getting their mits on them and if they do they'll most likely go out the back door before they get to the cashier desks. I go to one TRU where there's a lovely lady who makes sure the giveaways get given away - providing she has them. No matter what the deal she always asks if I want whatever is on offer. If they've all gone she tells me what I missed - "should have been here yesterday we had .... to give away" If she doesn't say anything I'll know there's something fishy going on.

Yes, after sleeping on it and having very strange dreams all night about star wars toys and mountains of Qui-Gon figures falling on top of me (more of a nightmare really) I woke up and decided that I'd like to own one of these after all. I can use it in my senate scene with a little imagination and nice lighting it'll look ok.
    Now who's going to provide the information on where this thing is actually going to be shipped?

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Okay, my ire has subsided and I'm calm again. I like the idea of a 'posh' R2 unit that can be used for senate scenes like TC-14 can with the lovely chrome finish. I agree with JT that there are superior R2' sculpts they could have used. I really don't want to have to pay anything to get one considering it's a giveaway. 15,000 will just about cover some of the States really won't it. So where are the rest for the European marketplace and the Australian marketplace and Asia and Mexico and Africa and....... Seems a little shallow of hasbro to think 15,000 will do all the collectors around the globe.
    I could see hasbro UK getting hold of maybe a thousand pieces for distribution which will immediately go to scalper stores who will charge innordinate amounts for them. I can't really see TRU UK getting their mits on them and if they do they'll most likely go out the back door before they get to the cashier desks. I go to one TRU where there's a lovely lady who makes sure the giveaways get given away - providing she has them. No matter what the deal she always asks if I want whatever is on offer. If they've all gone she tells me what I missed - "should have been here yesterday we had .... to give away" If she doesn't say anything I'll know there's something fishy going on.

Yes, after sleeping on it and having very strange dreams all night about star wars toys and mountains of Qui-Gon figures falling on top of me (more of a nightmare really) I woke up and decided that I'd like to own one of these after all. I can use it in my senate scene with a little imagination and nice lighting it'll look ok.
    Now who's going to provide the information on where this thing is actually going to be shipped?
    Jargo, I'm sure one of the American collectors on the forums would be more than happy to try to get an extra for you, if this guy is indeed going to be difficult to get outside of the US. Heck, I'll get you one myself, if you want, and if I can. I honestly cannot count the number of times on this board I've offered to grab extras of figures that people can't get, for one reason or another, and hardly anyone ever takes me up on my offers. So...don't be afraid to just ASK, ok?

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

Hopefully it's actually more than 15,000. It's not a bad figure, I'd like to get multiples of it myself for scenes.